PDA

View Full Version : Water Cooling System Required

fletcheraj
05-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Good day, I wonder if anyone can help - I have a potential job in a hospital, the client wants some type of machine which will supply cooled mains water for a process. The process requires 18 litres per second at 12DegC. The mains water temperature varies and can rise as high as 24DegC due to standing thermal gain.

Ive looked everywhere I can think of but drawn a blank. I'd rather buy some commercial machine than have to start thinking about building something.

Thanks

Andy

1torr
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi fletcheraj,If you can send me your contact details,I can put you in touch with our sales office in Bradford.We have a lot of experience in this type of application.Thanks,Kevin.

CDF
05-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey 1Torr wot are you doing home at this time??!!! What he really needs is a packaged chiller or an air blast that works and I have just the thing, mind you 18 litres per second thats about 375kW.

fletcheraj can you double check the flow rate as this seems very high for mains water.

Thanks

Victorman
06-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Hello Fletcheraj !

There are liquid cooling chillers that can take care of that job.
Now cooling water at 18 liters per second ( 285 Gallons per minute ) from 24 C (sometimes ) to 12C is about approx. 250 tons ( quite a few KWs.)
If the temperature drop across the chiller bundle
with the same GPM is less , then you need less KWs.

Greetings

Victorman

Plank!
06-10-2007, 08:34 PM
sounds like the kind of application Star's Indigo chillers would be ideally suited too.

Is the process continuous? ie 24hr?
If not maybe a chilled water storage tank could be used to even out the duty