PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi RAC25NH5 question

Yonas
03-10-2007, 12:17 PM
hi! i have a small question. im installing this heat pump, but i dont have a R410a gauge so i wonder if there are som good adapter or something so i can fill it?:confused:

and a nother question. why is the suctionline go in the back way and on the outside of the condensing-unit then back to the valv on the side again?:confused:

The Viking
03-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Yonas,
Nu skrämmer du mig, om du är en kvalificerad kylmontör så måste du väl ha tillgång till dom rätta verktygen?
Inte kan väl "Svensk Kylnorm" (om den fortfarande heter så, det är nästan 20 år sedan jag läste den) rekommendera at du jobbar på system du inte har dom rätta verktygen för?

(Sorry about the Swedish, you foreigners ;))

superswill
03-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Yonas,
Nu skrämmer du mig, om du är en kvalificerad kylmontör så måste du väl ha tillgång till dom rätta verktygen?
Inte kan väl "Svensk Kylnorm" (om den fortfarande heter så, det är nästan 20 år sedan jag läste den) rekommendera at du jobbar på system du inte har dom rätta verktygen för?

(Sorry about the Swedish, you foreigners ;))

yep what the viking said is the answer

monkey spanners
03-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Seconded:p

Brian_UK
03-10-2007, 11:08 PM
If it is anything along the lines of "Get a professional" then I would agree also.

The Viking
04-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, along those lines....

What you non Swedes might not be aware of is that these "new" F-Gas legislations (UK) are based on rules Sweden implemented about 18 years ago (Svensk Kyl Norm, mentioned above is the rule book).
If you think that the F-gas regs are hard/difficult/harsh/whatever, I can tell you, they doesn't even come close to the Swedish ones.

In Sweden people have been sent to jail for not having qualified engineers looking after their refrigeration systems.
The qualifications are not easy to get (guarantee that no sparkie or plumber will get it after a 5 day course, as mentioned in another tread).
For example, you will have to send samples of your brazing to be x-rayed by a approved test centre on a yearly basis.
All accredited companies will have an annual vetting by the government's inspector (and you will then, amongst other things, have to account for all refrigerant you have used, each and every Kg of it. You will have to show to which individual system it was added).

With this in mind, I found the questions asked a bit ??Basic??.

Yonas (Jonas?),

I didn't mean to scare you away, we really are a friendly bunch here.
But if you haven't got a R410a manifold/gauge and suitable hoses/connectors, there isn't really a short cut. If you want to work on it you need the right tools.

I assume you either are registered or are working for a registered company.
If you contact Ahlsell Kyl or Kylma they will be more than happy to supply you with the right tools for the job.

Yonas
04-10-2007, 06:03 PM
måste bara få säga att jag inte är proffisionel på något sätt. går i 3an på gymnasit kylutbildning och har som projektarbete att bygga en split Hitachi RAC25NH5 och jag fick problem när jag instalerat den och skulle börja vacum suga den så hade vi inget ställ i skolan därföor jag frågade för jag inte orkade gå o dra hela dagen i skolan pga. det. och jag vet om att man alltid ska använda rätt verktyg. men nu har skolan beställt ett manometerställ till mig, och jag hoppas att jag får det till nästa vecka men vi har problem med pengar och har fått 100% köpförbud men tror att det kommar lösa sig tillslut.. ps. läser kylnormen varje dag i skolan och vi läser även om den nya F-gasförordningen ds. (sorry for the non english message)

The Viking
04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Aha,
Then I do apologise for my first reply, you should have said you're a student and that it was a project in your course work and there is a delivery time on the new manifold.. (Översätter så att alla andra också förstår)

What I'm now about to type SHOULD NOT BE PRACTISED OR REPEATED!!

You could, for vacuuming purposes, braze in a 1/4" shrader(I never remembers how to spell that one) connector in to the pipework and connect your normal gauges to that.

Note 1: If you afterwards wants to check the running LOW pressure, use the HIGH pressure gauge on your R22 manifold.

NOTE 2: Do not do this.

Note 3: I deny all knowledge of ever typing this, it must be down to a gremlin in my keyboard.

Brian_UK
04-10-2007, 11:32 PM
The full spelling is Schraeder but we all know what you meant :)

Yonas
16-01-2008, 12:22 PM
why is the suctionline go in the back way and on the outside of the condensing-unit then back to the valv on the side again? is it for defrosting or overheat/subcool?

Brian_UK
16-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I see from the Hitachi manual that they have a "Hot Pipe" which is for use in cold/snowy areas.

This pipe connects with the small diameter liquid line I think.

Is this the pipe that you mean?

Yonas
30-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I see from the Hitachi manual that they have a "Hot Pipe" which is for use in cold/snowy areas.

This pipe connects with the small diameter liquid line I think.

Is this the pipe that you mean?

yes i think it isa the same pipe, i have read all the manuals but i can't finde anything about it.:confused: its pretty anoying.