PDA

View Full Version : compressor vibration

karimihassan
03-10-2007, 09:58 AM
hi dear,

we have one carrier 06E reciprocate compressor. IT worked normally befor. now when compressor working has bad vibration.
please help me to find the problem

taz24
03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
hi dear,

we have one carrier 06E reciprocate compressor. IT worked normally befor. now when compressor working has bad vibration.
please help me to find the problem

Vibrateing compressors are caused by bits falling off them.
If it is vibrating now but was fine before then you need to find out what has changed.
Do a pump test on it and then do a vac holding test to it.
You may only find the true answer by stripping the compressor down.

cheers taz

vac-man
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
hi karim...have the same problem on hitecsa unit..driving me nuts..cant seem to find problem anyone got any more advice pleez??could someone out there give me some advice on how to strip down compressor and what to look for??

Argus
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM

It's not possible to say what is the cause.
Firstly, because it is an easy test, do as Taz suggested. There is probably something broken inside, possibly a connecting rod which will show up in a pumping / holding test.

You may be able to see within the sump by looking through the oil sight glass with a strong torch.
Bottom end, cranksfaft or conn rod damage will usually leave pieces of white metal in the oil.

Then, take it apart to find out. If you intend to reassemble any parts, pistons etc. don't forget to number everything.
You will definitely need a full set of gaskets and rubbers, as you will inevitably damage them. The metal head gaskets must be replaced. They cannot be re-used with any reliability.

The great advantage with Carrier 06E compressors is that they can be completely rebuilt at site, if you have the correct spares, (that is, everything with the exception of the centre bearing, which requires a powered press).

Vac man,

You may be lucky and find some information on this site, alternatively, suggest you go to the manufacturer.
http://www.hitecsa.org/

vac-man
04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
thanks a bunch Argus..much appreciated!

Argus
04-10-2007, 11:30 AM

No problem Vac man.

Unfortunately I've never worked on an Hitecsa, though I've stripped more Carrier kit than you've had hot dinners!

Makeit go Right
04-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Maybe also check the price of new compressor in case it is cheaper to just swap over, instead of overhaul the thing.

GHAZ
06-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello karim it sounds like if a couple of rods are broken, for a quick view take the oil pump housing off, to take off the housing (1) take the square plate off (2)take the spring and metal cup_like piece out and undo the 2 allen key bolts at the end of the crankshaft which hold the pump drive tang.Then undo the housing bolts and pull it off.If you do replace any rods make sure the shanferd edge on the big ends goes towards the crankshaft web, other wise it will sieze up. Good luck

joel
10-10-2007, 04:11 AM
try to check cylinder head temps using ir thermometer.
compare.
and drain some oil at the crank case.
filter with cloth and check.

hope it helps...

regards