PDA

View Full Version : please explain

bill allen
03-10-2007, 06:53 AM
just wondered if any one would know why you would put a tx valve with a three way sol valve on it. port 1 goes from liquid line header to the sol. port 2 from suct header to sol. port 3 from sol valve to tx equalising port on a dx air cond system in super market, there are 4 valves all the same. 5h86 compressor was water cooled now air cooled.

750 Valve
03-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Usually a cost thing, rather than fit larger liquid line solenoids for each coil for say 4 stages of cooling what they'll do is use the little 1/4" 3 way sol to shove hi pressure liquid down the eq line to the txv to overcome its internal forces thereby shutting it down and pumping the coil down when not required, de-energise the 3 way sol and liquid is shut off and eq line is open to evap as per usual and allows normal txv operation

bill allen
18-10-2007, 10:40 AM
cheers, i ended up geting on the sporlan web site and they were very helpful they sent thru some info explaining exactly what u said except the long version. i had problems on pump down with either the txv bleeding thru or one of the 1/4" 3 way valves bleeding thru. i ended up putting a rather large and expensive sol valve on the main liquid line now its pumping down and staying there, nice to have a win.

Brian_UK
19-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Good and thanks for the update Bill.