PDA

View Full Version : I found this AD on RE!

NH3LVR
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I found this Ad on a sidebar here on RE
http://www.howtorepairairconditioners.com/?gclid=CO6Ez6aU8Y4CFRaChgodsVwmLAI
Maybe I should buy a copy!
Webram is selling us out!:D

airconadam
02-10-2007, 11:02 PM
crazy:eek: lol

adam:D

Brian_UK
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
And the price drop is amazing, it's down to 79.97usd now; I must buy a copy ;)

Pooh
03-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Makes the five day AC Course covered in another thread obsolete as well as apprenticeships, colleges and other training courses. Wonder if he is going to follow it up with DIY ammonia system repair or maybe brain surgery.

The Worlds going mad!!!!!

IAn

NH3LVR
03-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Wonder if he is going to follow it up with DIY ammonia system repair IAn
That would put me out of work.:)
I have seen the most unqualifed people working on NH3 Systems. Since they do not need guages, and allready own a Adjustable Wrench, they go for it!

coldcraft
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Its time that our industry started to show its teeth with these idiots.
We have enough cowboys to contend with without people like this trying to give us more via the general public.
I thought B&Q were bad enough when thier advert for thier Air Force systems stated that "if you could fit a washing machine then you could fit thier A?C units".
LETS STOPTHIS NONSENSE

Argus
05-10-2007, 05:57 PM

I thought that it's a Nigerian Lottery scam.

You send him some money and he puts it in his bank.

Josip
06-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi, all :)

Yes he is trying "to teach the people how to be stupid" the worst is, he is selling and they are buying that "knowledge" at low and acceptable price.....playing with thoughts: "what I can lost spending that small amount of money, but in another hand I can learn a lot, even make some money".... none will come back to blame him for wrong explanation or misdoing (they'll be shamed) ...

Very sad but true, because I am sure there will be a lot of DIY "engineers" trying to install or repair something...but only putting in danger themselves, family, friends and so on...

There is no way to stop them:mad: (see my sig), but at least we must try to minimize the damage they can make selling "mighty manuals".

Best regards, Josip :)

slingblade
06-10-2007, 04:07 PM
This might be worth the money because the guy clearly states

"In my 20 plus years in the service industry I have worked on everything from large boilers to window units."

Now i'm sure that puts most of us to shame:D:D

Pooh
06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Slingblade
32years doing the same as him plus NH3, steam boilers etc. etc. but I am not stupid enough to think I can write a book teaching the general public what has taken me years to learn. All of us in the trade have seen the dodgy jobs done by tradesman from other disciplins who think fridge and ac are easy what sort of jobs are going to be done by non tradesman under instruction from this book. Further more who is going to monitor this work?

Ian

Josip
06-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi, slingblade :)

This might be worth the money because the guy clearly states

"In my 20 plus years in the service industry I have worked on everything from large boilers to window units."

Now i'm sure that puts most of us to shame:D:D

Nice, I miss this sentence...yes that puts me to shame:rolleyes:

Best regards, Josip :)