PDA

View Full Version : EDC inverter check module

quiksilva
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Evening all..
Does anyone know if these are available over the counter in any of the usual trade suppliers? Need to pick one up sharpish for a job which is rapidly going very political, Thanks in advance

QS

chillyblue
02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi

I think HRP do a inverter checker

CB

frank
02-10-2007, 10:30 PM
A word of warning - don't leave it conected to power for more than 30 seconds as it tends to burn out the resistors. :eek:

I speak from experience :o

superswill
02-10-2007, 10:38 PM
RS components maybe?

i know this may not be very PC but if you are really in it,hows about using a 3 phase motor?

Brian_UK
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM
EDC sell direct, maybe they will do a quick delivery service for you.

quiksilva
02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks guys -
probably try the over the counter approach first as need to prove to the client the fault is with the board rather than the pot. Maybe its just me but after concentrating on chillers and close control for the last 5 years its amazing how easy it is to come unstuck with the latest generation of splits (inverter driven and without the necessary fault code manuals real b1tches to diagnose)

QS

quiksilva
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Well managed to pick up one from walthamstow HRP this morning for about £30 = vat, Its the earlier model which wont check the serial link but no matter got the infomation i needed - the inverter pcb is U/S. Just out of interest though do the daikin RZQ R410A series not alarm to the indoor wired controller if the condensor is in fault with Red LED lit? Reset the unit on the outdoor isolator and put into fault (inverter) 5 times today and not once did i get an alarm on the indoor controller - think it used to be an E code on the earlier series units - any thoughts?

Andy

hendrag
11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
if you want one for nothing come on any LG training course we will give you one free, we developed the inverter checker and serial tester with EDC to help engineers fix units easily. The instruction leaflet was written by me so if you cant understand it its all my fault sorry

go to www.mylg.co.uk (http://www.mylg.co.uk) and click training for details

see you soon

regards

Hendrag

DTLarca
09-12-2010, 10:29 AM
if you want one for nothing come on any LG training course we will give you one free, we developed the inverter checker and serial tester with EDC to help engineers fix units easily. The instruction leaflet was written by me so if you cant understand it its all my fault sorry

go to www.mylg.co.uk (http://www.mylg.co.uk) and click training for details

see you soon

regards

Hendrag

What would be the difference between the LG EDC and the standard Daikin Inverter Checker?

Daikin's is the normal 3 resistors, 3 capacitors and 6 LED's.

I have a CH22 problem which I have to go back to next week when they have cleared the ice enough for me to get proper "steps" access up to inverter PCB but when I popped in the other day this is the result I got with my standard inverter checker. The motor was not connected - this is the result with the UVW leads connected only to the inverter. Immediately before this test the compressor was managing 19 amps evenly on all phases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzUu9g2jiDA

Not sure what the "gun shot" sounds are - I didn't hear them while filming - must be interference induced from the inverter to my mobile.