PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21DCNS

robby N
02-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Hi,
Yes another problem with one of these units, but mine is playing up in a different way, the compressor seems to get very hot (almost too hot to touch then a after a day running it cuts out and the freezer temp rises and the temp flashes-15... Ive left the comp to cool for a couple of hours then turned unit back on, it ran for five mins then audiably slowed then clicked off and wouldn't come back on at least for the moment! i'd be appreciated if anyone has any bright ideas?
Thanks Rob n :confused:

superswill
02-10-2007, 06:27 AM
welcome robby n

sounds like its going out on its in internal safety to me

a few causes:

Gas charge?
Restriction?
faulty comp?

robby N
02-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your thoughts, it sounds accurate but by restriction what are we talking about? The condensor when it was running was hot on the pipe from comp and luke warm/ coolish on exit from condensor so that seems to be in order? I take it from gas charge you mean not enough gas to aid cooling in comp? but if that was the case surely it wouldn't cool down quickly inside the fridge etc? If this is all correct then i suppose it points to comp?
Any further thoughts appreciated,
Cheers
Rob

superswill
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
restriction in the pipe work,but with this being domestic id go for gas charge or the comp,but iam sure one of the domestic guys will come along to give there view

frank
02-10-2007, 08:52 AM
What gas is it on - R134a by any chance? ;)

robby N
02-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Frank,
No its on R600a, whats your thoughts on this?
Cheers.

frank
02-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Can't comment on R600a as I've never used it.
One of the main problems with R134a gas is that it tends to wax the oil which in turn blocks the capillary, causing the compressor to run in a vacuum and eventually burn out.

There's not a great amount of refrigerant in domestic refrigerators, so any blockage leading to a reduced suction pressure, mass flow and cooling of the compressor is nearly always fatal for the comp.

As the pipework is embedded in the fridge/freezer casing and nigh on inaccessable, it is more cost effective to replace the whole fridge rather than try and repair it.