PDA

View Full Version : daikin, high pressure??

airconadam
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
hey again all got called to a unit the other day it was a daikin Ryp100l7w1 year 2004 and on r407c so not all that old, it had 2 indoor cassettes of this condensor. Now the problem what was reported was a freezing coil,when i got there it was the outdoor coil what was freezing up so the maintenance fella told me so they had turned it off on the controller. I put the system on test cooling and the suction was 6bar and sometimes would increse to 7bar which i thought was a little to high i then put the system on heating and it seamed all ok, the indoor air offs was 46oC but the pressures were really high never seen this before on the suction port it was 30bar and sometimes reaching 32bar which in theory is now the discharge and on the liquid it was 28bar but yet it never went of on any faults iam just abit confused:confused::confused: also the air off was 7oC it never once froze up either.Correct me if iam wrong on anything there please guys any help appreciated thanks alot

adam:D

frank
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
If the controller isn't showing a fault then there isn't one. ;)

On the R407C condensing units the defrost timing 'learns' when to initiate.

I've had units with 2" of solid ice on the outdoor, no condenser fans running, compressor happily pumping and the indoor area close to set point. Daikin telling me that this is normal.

Seems a little strange with current ambients though but, Hey, who am I to argue?? :)

airconadam
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
yer that did that for a while ran without condensor fan running slight ice on the coil then all of a sudden it kicks in and the ice goes and so on must be the way they run thanks alot anyway

adam

airconadam
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
sorry again fellas but how come that pressure is so so high tho??????

Andy AC
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Pressure does sound a bit high, dirty filters/coils,low indoor fan speeds.
As Frank said, it's not unusual to see a daikin with an iced outdoor coil without a fan running, they just seem to keep going, although 2 inches is a bit extreme. I've had a couple freeze up so much that they stopped the condenser fan motors, partially due to the unit above dripping defrost water all over it, but it kept going.
On the older skyair (R22) units you could change the defrost start temp, not sure about the newer ones, rarely see them as we tend not to fit them anymore.

Andy

The Viking
01-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Small leak somewhere where the gas' in vapour state.
(OK, you are looking at a heatpump so the leak can be anywhere)

Reclaim the gas and let me know if I'm right.

My money is on you getting 2.2-2.6 Kg out of it (not allowing for any additional charge originally added)

Obi Wan
02-10-2007, 09:07 PM
sorry again fellas but how come that pressure is so so high tho??????

Hello Airconadam,

Is their only one outdoor unit on this site or are their several. Could there be cross wiring between two systems causing the high pressure in heating.
Eg system A indoor unit is wired to the outdoor unit of system B. If system A indoor unit is switched off or on thermostat Off and there is demand from system the indoor unit on system B, the compressor on system B would operate but would run at very high pressure as the indoor fan is not operating.

System could be overcharged or have non condensables.

Let us know what you find.

Regards

Obi Wan

airconadam
02-10-2007, 10:57 PM
There is no other unit near to this one,but iknow what you mean obi wan and to tell you the truth fellas ihavent been back to that unit since like i say the fault what was reported was the outdoor had froze and then it went on defrost and the water went everywere:rolleyes: but i also noticed one of the 10amp fuses had been removed or blown at sum point and to my amazement someone had used what it looked like was a paperclip:eek::eek: so ichanged it and put a 10amp fuse back on it. Thanks alot for your help if i do have any problems tho with the hp iwill decant and change the ref thanks again

adam:D

philjd26
11-10-2007, 10:09 PM
hi adam, r407c, very high pressures, paperclips?jayzuz god knows what lemon head was at that ....hp might mean the blend aint righ....reclaim gas,pressure test and vac then tip a fresh one in,..

rgrds phil