PDA

View Full Version : American Patriotism

Brian_UK
30-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm not taking side here or passing serious comment, however, I saw this posted on another forum I visited today and thought it is always worth repeating a kind word.

+
Was in Shannon airport this morning on my way back from an EU conference.
The departure lounge was full of 60ish yanks and there is a US borderlands immigration facility there, any way minding my own biz when about 50 or 60 young american troops came in in fatigues, the place burst into spontaneous applause, very moving.

One sat by me, I asked which way he was going, on my way home sir, been on an 18 month tour, am heading for JFK and where are you going sir?

Politeness personified and a very moving episode.
+

NH3LVR
01-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Thank you for the kind words Brian.
We have many fine young people serving in the Armed Forces, as do you in the UK.
They are not there because they come from poverty, or are misfits, or are unemployable.
They serve because they feel they should.
I have my own feelings about the War in Iraq. I do not feel this is a place to share them.
I recently saw a Man (who left us a boy, not long ago, to serve in Iraq as a Marine).
He was just like the Man described in your post.

US Iceman
01-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Brian, thank you for sharing the kind remarks. I am very proud of the soldiers in Iraq or other trouble spots.

When you stop to think they volunteered it gives some hope for the future.:cool:

nh3wizard
01-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks Brian, moments like that will live with you forever no matter where you are from, anyone serving in the military deserves applause.

taz24
01-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm not taking side here or passing serious comment, however, I saw this posted on another forum I visited today and thought it is always worth repeating a kind word.

Politeness personified and a very moving episode.
+

I was at Sea World last year and just before the main event they anounced a big thankyou for all the uniformed services.
There was a standing ovation for nearly five mins.
It was very moving. It made me proud at the time.

taz.

BigJon3475
03-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Much respect for anyone willing to die for their beliefs.

Check what these soldiers went through......I couldn't even imagine.

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/rpg_surgery/