PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a louvre motor for Hinari unit

TOMCAT22
30-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi
I have a faulty louvre motor on a Hinari refreshair wall mounted unit and was wondering if anyone knew where I can get a replacement from? Hinari are closed today so cant phone them but would like to source local if possible (North East,Gateshead). Are these motors fairly similar in most air con units or is it like cars where you need the exact make and model?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Gary.

superswill
30-09-2007, 10:20 PM
try dropping an email here

http://www.albaplc.com/html/Brands/Hinari_LP.htm#

TOMCAT22
01-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the reply Paul, I was going to phone them on monday anyway but just wondered if these parts were fairly standard between air con units so I might have been able to get one locally.

TOMCAT22
01-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Update..Phoned Hinari who gave me a number for their spares dept. who then gave me another number which goes to a message saying the company is closed and to phone back between mon-fri (I phoned today ..mon)! Looks like I am going to have trouble getting an official spare so back to my original question. Does anyone know where I can get a louvre motor for a Hinari unit??

P.S. I know from reading this forum that I should have got a Toshiba or Mitsubishi etc but I have been very happy with this unit which has been running trouble free for over 2 years with daily use.
Can anyone help?????

monkey spanners
01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Phone em back and tell them the number they gave didn't work. Are you sure its the motor and not the board that runs it?

TOMCAT22
01-10-2007, 11:27 PM
I did phone them back and tell them but they only had 2 numbers and they both did not work. Yes i,m sure its the motor as I have stripped it down and one of the plastic cogs is chewed up,no idea where I would get a cog, the motor is proving difficult enough. Anyone else got any suggestions?

superswill
01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
http://www.cooleasy.co.uk/product-wall.htm

is this the unit you have?

where did you buy it from? who fitted it?

id be going there first off before trying to source one myself as you will be covered by a parts warranty age depending

TOMCAT22
02-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply but its not that one,mine is a cheap chinese rebadged unit for Hinari model no. ACR947QFC/FC. I fitted it myself and got it from Makro although it is identical to another one I fitted last year which I bought from Homebase.
With so many of these Chinese units in the UK I thought there would be someone supplying parts for them but I cant find anyone so far. Any ideas.

superswill
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
i guess the next thing to do is go to makro,as they are inporting them there should be some sort of warranty claim procedure in place

sinewave
02-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I have been very happy with this unit which has been running trouble free for over 2 years with daily use.
Can anyone help?????

Two years eh?

You've had more than it's working life then! :D

Bin it! :p

TOMCAT22
04-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the advice sinewave,does anyone have any real answers to my questions on the 1st post or am I wasting my time on this forum....

daddymac
04-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is one of the issues with budget A/C kit!
It will have been manufactured as cheaply as possible in an aircon plant in China or India (which will make units for anyone). It had a Hinari label stuck on it and distributed. I'm guessing it probably wasn't very expensive??
To have UK spares/service support costs money, and that would be passed on to the customer... which would drive up the purchase cost! To keep the price attractive, they sacrifice things such as service support and they ain't too bothered once they have your money and the warranty has run out.
I'd suggest you bite the bullet and replace it, or live with the fault. If you are replacing, Daikin's Siesta Range and Mitsi's M series clsssic range are good options and relatively inexpensive, and you'd have some decent support in the event of a problem (and a 3year warranty) but it's important to have them installed correctly! Hope this helps!:)

TOMCAT22
07-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the reply daddymac. Yes it was cheap £199..but good value also as it been fine for 2 years and the louvre motor failing is really not suprising as its the only moving part in the indoor unit so I suppose it was going to fail sometime. The aircon is working fine without the motor as I have just jammed the louvre in place but it would be nice to get it working properly. I have taken the motor apart and its just one small wheel that has stripped it's cogs so I may try and repair/replace the cog which might be easier than getting a new motor.
Still have not given up trying for a replacement motor from another manufacturer as I am sure they must share some parts or buy their motors from the same place.:)

Spoc
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm sure this has been a topic may times before. It's ok getting a cheaper unit but there is no back-up and it was properly a one-off shipment. What you pay for is what you get. If you supplied Mits/Daikin/Tosh etc etc then you have peace of mind and a three year warrenty. Job sorted

Spoc
07-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I used to work for a company that started to import some of these units direct from the manufacturer by the container load and even they had problems getting parts. They ended up stripping down 30-40 units just for spares! They tend to rebadge every so often and the only way to find a part is to see the old one and then wonder round a few new current models or someones shelves till you find one. Not much help I know but if you can send a pic I try for you

daddymac
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Tomcat...
Just clarify... is the unit in question a "SPLIT" system, (ie an indoor unit and separate outdoor condensing unit)or a stand-alone type unit (with a tumble-drier hose attached).

DM

coldstat
10-10-2007, 03:47 AM
hi...i'm new here... that ac brand u mentioned is new on the market ? can u tell me alittle more on it.

TOMCAT22
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi Daddymac
Yes it is a split system with condensor on outside wall.
I will try and post a picture once I find my camera:D

To the new poster,Hinari ac units were sold by Makro about 2 years ago and also by Homebase last year which is where I got my 2nd unit my computer room. they are cheap units (around £200) and reasonably quiet on the lowest fan setting,fitting can take a while if you are not an air con enginner and you need some special tools like a core drill which can be expensive although B&Q do a cheap one at around £10 which will cut one hole only before it breaks:o.
B&Q are also cheap for the brackets for the outdoor unit which are stainless steel and around £15 (bargain). Be sure to get a unit with easy connect fittings (sometimes called click clack fittings I believe) otherwise you will need to hire a vacuum pump and pipe flaring tool etc which just means loads more hassle and expense...

Foobar
20-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I too have one of these, erratic small stepper motor on the right hand side next to the status lights. Same saga - Makro, I suspect they thought these were standalone units when their buyer ordered them. They even tried to give me a handler for an 8000 btu to go with the 12000 compressor ! I also paid£199 for mine. This was not a quick connect thank god, i.e. it won't leak gas. Quite easy to vac down and install with the right tools. It has worked impeccably ever since and got us thru a whole winter one year without any other source of heat whilst changing boilers ( wood and oil being linked together ). Anyway, it behaves like the cogs are stripped, but can be helped by a gentle prod with the remote. Once in place it seems to be ok as long as you don't select 'oscillate'. Normal operation seems to be that during the shutdown cycle, the controller does not assume that it knows where the stepper motor is, so it steps it a whole revolution which forces the flap closed against the end stop ready for the next power on ( not an unusual practise ) but I don't think the motor is up to it. If anyone ever did find a spare part, please message me !