PDA

View Full Version : Trane Rtaa 213 Air Cooled Liquid Chiller

ahamedkyana
29-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I Have Been Working On The Above Chiller Here In Abuja, Nigeria For The Past One Month Below Is The Problem I Have With The System.this Sytem Has 2 Circuits With 1 Compressor(rotory) Each On Circuit A & B Respectively. The Comprssor On Circuit A Is Working Ok, While That Of Circuit B Runs For About 2 Minutes Then It Trips On Fault Message As Follows:"low Oil Flow". I Have Replaced The Oil Filter Several Times. It Seems The Oil In The System Is Ok. Please Advise Me What To Do Next.besr Regards,ahamed Kyana

Lowrider
29-09-2007, 08:52 PM
What's the ambiant out there at the moment?

Have you checked the condensing temperature sensor and the oil temperature sensor to see if they are correct?

Check if the pressure on the display corresponds with that off the gauge!

Lowrider
29-09-2007, 08:54 PM
What type of compressor is on there?

Does it have an internal or external oilfilter?

abdulazman
29-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi ahmedkyana,
Is your UCM CHILLER module 1U1 or UCP 2.
Ckt B - Low oil flow - CMR - Compressor Energized - code a - Possible Causes - Differential oil pressure switch remained open for a single period of more than 20 seconds. Check this out.

giovanni
30-09-2007, 07:12 AM
I have had the same problem on a RTAA 125 air cooled chiller.. The service tech found it to be a defective oil temperature switch.. Resetting the unit using the stop start switch on the display had the same results as you are experiencing. After stopping the unit and shutting the Main Power completely to the unit we were able to restart until the new part was obtained. Hope it works for you

ahamedkyana
30-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Abdulazman,
The ucm chiller model ucp2. What do you think will cause the Differential oil pressure switch remained open for a single period of more than 20 seconds.?

Best regards

Ahmed kyana

ahamedkyana
30-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi sanderh,

The compressor is Trane Heli rotor and has an external oil filter.Thank you for your concern.

Best regards,

AHAMED KYANA

Lowrider
30-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Then there's a oil differntial pressure switch in the terminal box.

If you've changed the filter, did you open the valves and before that did you evacuate the filter?

Have you checked that there's enough oil in the system?

And once again, what was the ambiant temperature?

ahamedkyana
30-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi Sanderh,

Thank you for the effort.

Yes there is an oil differntial pressure switch in the terminal box.

As I 've changed the filter,I did opened the valves and then evacuated the filter.

There is enough oil in the system.

The average ambiant temperature in Abuja Nigeria is between 35 - 45 deg C.

Best regards,

AHAMED KYANA

Lowrider
30-09-2007, 08:56 PM
If you've evacuated it well and checked there's enough oil, my gues is the oil differential switch, but it can also be the solenoid valve in the oil line on the other side of the screw compressor. The switch measures oil before the oil filter and after the solenoid valve!

ahamedkyana
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi sanderh,

Thank you for the response.I shall place an order for new oil filters,oil pressure switch and oil line solenoid valve and do it all over again. I will keep you posted on the development.

Best regards,

AHAMED KYANA
MOBILE:*********

YAC
12-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I HAVE A RTAA 217 AND IN DISPLAY OF A UCM "CIRCUIT 2 IS TOO HOT" what i can do ? i change a probe and reset the UCM.Please Advise Me What To Do Next or send me an document of RTAA 217

nike123
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I HAVE A RTAA 217 AND IN DISPLAY OF A UCM "CIRCUIT 2 IS TOO HOT" what i can do ? i change a probe and reset the UCM.Please Advise Me What To Do Next or send me an document of RTAA 217
First, try to post this as new question in this or other appropriate forum. Then, explain your big problem wit more than few shortcuts and 1 sentence.:eek:

nzchillers
08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
All trane literature (IOM'S) are available from trane.com, They provide useful information required to maintain and carry out basic servicing tasks as per manufactures specs.