PDA

View Full Version : Coil cleaners

Andy AC
28-09-2007, 08:17 PM
What are your opinions on evap coil cleaners, what do you think is best, whats a load of rubbish etc.
For the last couple of years I have been using Frionett, but it stinks, and most customers hate the smell!, at least they can tell that you have been!. I've also tried Pro-universal in small quantities as they were sent out as trial packs with condensate pumps a while back. It smells good but difficult to tell whether or not it is better than the frionett.
I need to buy some more soon so your opinions/verdicts would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Latte
29-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Andy,

I always use the Advanced Engineering RTU 1 litre cleaner with disinfectant. Not the nicest of smells but i usually leave it 5 mins then pull the drain plug so its not sitting in there. Then give it the usual smelly jelly and its ok

Regards

Ray

monkey spanners
29-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Condenside (advanced engineering) for evaps, really good at stopping smells etc if left to soak for 10 minutes, then i rinse it off. Envirocoil or superclean (advanced engineering) for condensers. Superclean is really heavy duty and took the galvanising off some unistrut fittings it leaked on in the van. Envirocoil is supposedly safe around animals and i use if on farm (moo moo's) condensers.
Have tried the Pro universal stuff after Dave bought four of them when they where on special offer with Hawco, and they could be coloured water for all the difference they make. Will be tripping over them for years.

Jon