PDA

View Full Version : gas flow voice

cakabo28
27-09-2007, 01:18 PM
hı everybody,
ı have a big problem,in the cooling mode there is gas flow voice in the evap. inlet pipe.I tried taping with rubber butyl on distributor but ıt couldn't be a solution.What ca ı do?
please help me...

Argus
27-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Voice?

Do you mean a noise or is it trying to tell you something?

Please try to describe the sound by comparing it to something we may be familiar with.

It may also help if you describe the system build.
For example, has it got a TX valve, type of evaporator, pipework sizes, type of refrigerant and the amount etc.

We may be able to come up with something to help.

The Viking
27-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Call an exorcist?

Argus
27-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Call an exorcist?

.... hang on there, Viking - give him a break.

It may be that English is not his language. We don't all have your perfect command of the language, you know.....

Let's hear what he has to say.

It may well be a resonating expansion valve, but he's got to tell us a bit more before we can help him.

The Viking
27-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I know,
My reply was meant to be read "tong in cheek".

All these foreigners, hey.

(BTW, before you start flaming me, I'm also one of those......)

cakabo28
28-09-2007, 09:08 AM
:(Sorry guys,
my english isn't very well.
yes,voice means noise,
ı will try to explain system,
ıt is 24000 btu air conditioner home type.
R-22 GAS
1250 gr
at the cooling mode
This voice is coming from evaporator inlet,I think ıt occurs in evaporator inlet pipe because there is gas-liquid mixture in distributor.the sound like boiled water sound.

Argus
28-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the information, now we're getting somewhere.

I’m expecting that it is a split system, not a one-piece package. If it has a capillary feed (which at that size of unit is most likely) it is not unusual to hear a slight sound from the evaporator as the refrigerant emerges from the capillary tube. You can often hear this on other types of similar units like domestic fridges.

Capillary noise can be affected by the charge quantity, so make sure that your gas charge is correct by weight (not unit running pressure).
The facts are that a slight noise here is not unusual, but any small blockages in the liquid line pipes or drier may also make this worse.
If your liquid line is not insulated separately, excess solar or local heat can also increase the temperature of the liquid entering the evaporator and make it worse. In an extreme case the liquid may be evaporating in the liquid line ahead of the capillary.

Many Japanese-type small domestic air conditioners split the capillary section into two for this reason and position one half in the outdoor unit. In these units, the liquid line must be insulated.

Hope this helps.

cakabo28
28-09-2007, 11:09 AM
:confused:thanks for kindly information Argus,
yes you are right it is split type and used capillary.
but the sound is not usual, I know normally ıt can be slight sound but ıt is very noisy,I have check gas amount and system clogged or not.There is no problem.There is no dryer on system.I have tried a lot of insulators but I can't solve the problem.Do you know any kind of source what cause gas flow voices,may be ı must change evap. inlet design.

Argus
28-09-2007, 11:22 AM

No. From this point on we are guessing. You need to investigate further.

Perhaps you have two gas flows meeting in the Evaporator and causing an organ pipe effect, but I can't say for certain.

Maybe somebody else can help.

cakabo28
28-09-2007, 12:43 PM
thanks for everything ARGUS

monkey spanners
28-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Has it got a very short piperun between the indoor and outdoor units? I was told on a course recently that short seperation of the units can cause noise in the indoor unit.

Jon

cakabo28
28-09-2007, 01:47 PM
pipe length 5 meter I think it is normal