PDA

View Full Version : Humidity Chamber - Please Help

Deejay
27-09-2007, 10:21 AM
We recently made a mistake in purchasing a humidty chamber for the laboratory. The unit we bought cannot meet the temperature requirement that I need. The model I got can give a temperature of ambient + 10 deg C to 70 deg C and our temperature requirement is 20 deg C. I have contacted the supplier and he said that we need to purchase a refrigerated humidity chamber.

He suggested that I lower the lab temprature to 10 deg C to meet the 20 deg C that i need for the humidity chamber. Is it possible to install a refrigeration system for my humidity chamber to be able to meet the temp.?PLEASE HELP

smpsmp45
27-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Ofcourse it can be done. If you can give more tech data, even the system can be designed.

Deejay
28-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. PLs find attached page of the wiring diagram as well as the brochure. I just where to install the refrigeration system in the unit. hope you can help me.

Best Regards,

Deejay

Specification Details

Capacity
30 cu. Ft.
Interior Dimensions WxDxH in. (cm)
31.0 x 27.5 x 62.0 (78.7 x 69.8 x 157.5)
Exterior Dimensions WxDxH in. (cm)
43.0 x 35.0 x 85.0
Temperature Range
10° to 70° C
Temperature Uniformity
+/- 0.5° at 37°C
Electrical Specifications
Volts: 220V Hertz: Watts: 2200W Amps: 7.5A
Jacket Type
Air
Relative Humidity Range
Ambient +10% to 95% at 25oC
Relative Humidity Uniformity
+ / - 1.5%
Shelving
6 Supplied (16 Maximum)

Model HC30R-2, Refrigerated 30 cu. Ft. Humidity Test Cabinet, 220V, With Led Display And Microprocessor Control. Six Stainless Steel Shelves Are Included With Unit
The Model HC30R incorporates a refrigeration system which dramatically increases the operational range of the cabinet.
A low-pressure water vapor generator, injecting saturated water vapor into the recirculating air duct, controls chamber humidification. This process is preferable to steam generation because steam introduces additional heat to the chamber atmosphere which then compromises temperature control. Uniform temperature and humidity are maintained by circulating chamber atmosphere through a recirculating air duct system. The air ducts also serve as shelf supports and can be easily removed for cleaning.
SHEL LAB Humidity Test Cabinets provide a controlled environmental chamber for a wide range of industrial and biotechnical testing applications. All chambers include:

Microprocessor Controls
Seamless Corrosion-Resistant Stainless Steel Interior
High Limit Back-Up Controller

Deejay
28-09-2007, 04:26 AM
The brocure size is too big. I will take a picture of the unit and send it to you.
I just dont know where & how to install a refrigeration system in the unit. Thanks

Deejay
29-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Hi smpsmp45. The HC30-2R is the refirgerated unit. The one we got is HC30-2 and the temperature range is ambient + 10 deg C to 70 deg C. What we require is a temp of 20 deg C. The supplier said i need to get the refrigerated unit and its too complicated to install a refrigeration with the unit I have. Do u have any suggestion on how to install a refrigeration unit and what is the size of the refrigeration unit that I can install with my unit. Pls Help