PDA

View Full Version : Einstein CPC

luckee
27-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie when it comes to Supermarket refrigeration so forgive me if my question comes off as ignorant. I was doing some piping work in a local grocery store that uses the Einstein controller for their rack system. I was wondering does the CPC control regulate the temperatures in the respective cases or is the temperature regulated by an independent temp control and solenoid valve?

750 Valve
27-09-2007, 12:06 PM
It has the ability to control the LLSV via temp - although lots of customers do not want electronic control - in this case it may be for monitoring and alarms only, it can also run defrosts, rack and cond control and will just about do anything you could possible require out of a refrigeration control and lots you will never use. Einstein is the first generation of the newer CPC controls, E2 is a lot more stable, the originals used to nod off every now and again...

referteck
08-01-2009, 01:59 PM
what do you mean nod off?

750 Valve
08-01-2009, 02:05 PM

go to sleep.... ie: reboot themselves :D

Brian_UK
08-01-2009, 07:45 PM
The controls sometimes loose track of what they are supposed to be doing or get into a control loop which does nothing.

So, for all the good they do, they might as well be asleep.

hillbillywillie
10-01-2009, 08:10 AM
I deal with a lot of stores that have cpc control-and a lot of them regularly "lose" the temps of the cases they monitor. I've had to replace a few boards also, and if they control the store a/c and are daisy chained together, if one board goes bad it's a bloody hassle.
We had a store which was always going haywire with faulty boards/going loopy/needing the programme re uploaded due to its going wonky.
As a lover of vintage motorcycles/cars/stationery engines, I say bring back the mechanical controls and ditch the electronic stuff!

joe magee
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
E2's are much better than the E-1. As far as the boards going off line that can be anything from to many boards on one transformer to a bad sensor or transducer. If you have boards going off line now and then check to make sure it's a true daisy chain and not a star config. alot of the problems you might be having might be due to poor install procedures. Just a note on the boards ,usually the com chip fails not the board ,keep a spare one for comtrol and one for cpc.

smilies
12-01-2009, 12:51 AM
alot of the problems you might be having might be due to poor install procedures.

x2, also check the termination jumpers are set right at the comm loops.

joe magee
14-01-2009, 06:08 AM
:off topic:How is Source doing?

smilies
14-01-2009, 09:29 AM
:off topic:How is Source doing?

They have lost the 7-11's here in Phx, and other contractors are biting away at their other market account.

joe magee
19-01-2009, 05:43 AM
:off topic:Was at Source seven years, was one of Pete Cuneo's boy's. Was retrofitting Ralphs with new Danfoss controllers I got tired of that and worked in construction as a start up tech for a year. I left and do precision cooling(Lieberts etc) the most boring work Ive done. The pay is the same minus the ot.I will probably go back to Source for the paycheck.

refermanperry
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
To answer the original question would require the knowledge of who installed it and what company it was installed for. The CPC can control the tempreatures, but the installer has to set it up that way. This all depends on the installation.