PDA

View Full Version : Suction Line Item

SkyWalker
26-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Just installed a hitachi ras8 something (sorry dont know full model) but its a multi indoor system, with the suction line connection kit came a Large errrrr "pipe" if you like, to look at it looks like a drier but made of copper, its not a drier its just copper which expands then reduces again must expand to at least 1" 5/8 then reduce again, theres nothing init its just hollow if you like, what isit? and why have hitachi decided to use it? somthing to do with pressures? noise reduction?

cheers guys

BigJon3475
26-09-2007, 10:30 PM
It could be a Muffler or at least that's what it sounds like. Would be nice to see a picture to verify.

Brian_UK
26-09-2007, 11:40 PM
I wonder if it is just a multi-size connector piece?

If you don't need the larger pipe size then connect directly, if you had used 1 5/8" then cut the end offf to fit.

Just guessing ;)

Tesla
27-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi SkyWalker
Noise control - possibly by damping pulsations of a certain frequency or minmising a resonant effect. Considering nothing inside more likely a small slug pot, to reduce a liquid or oil slug back to compressor. But hey I'm just guessing too. I'll check post later for more answers.

AcidSlasher
27-09-2007, 10:38 AM
hmm my guess is its a reducer of some sort, seeing as one can use different size units off one outdoor unit, then adaptor/reducer kits are provided to adapt different size pipework to the pipe connections on the outdoor unit.

I just installed a daikin 4 head multi and it came with a couple of these pieces that sort of look like a drier, that connects to the 5/8 pipe on the outdoor but then with certain other pieces could be used to reduce the pipe to 1/2 or 3/8 size.

Toolman
27-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Buldging copper pipe ? It sounds a bit archaic , suction accumulators are like than on a capillary system but in A/C systems they usually have an accumulator in the outdoor unit . already fitted so they arent left out by accident .
When all else fails read the instructions.

SkyWalker
27-09-2007, 09:05 PM
definately isnt a reduction kit, think some sort of baffler i will get pic next time i go the site, cheers guys