PDA

View Full Version : Separate section for humidity problems

Psychro
26-09-2007, 01:53 AM
I was wondering whether a section for "humidity" problems might be helpful - but then again I suppose I'm a bit biased towards that subject.

It's just that whenever there is a problem which relates to this subject it seems to be scattered amongst all the other sections.:rolleyes:

Psychro

US Iceman
26-09-2007, 05:26 AM
I like the idea of a "humidity control" forum to consolidate the threads into one area. Low temperature humidty problems are always interesting.

smpsmp45
26-09-2007, 05:44 AM
I have a photograph which has ice on the coil. All the white you see is ice.

Psychro
18-06-2008, 12:53 AM
I've been away from the forum for a while. However, despite liking the newer look, I just wondered if any of the posts in this section were actually taken seriously. It appears that the various categories are exactly the same (I may be wrong of course), but I would like to know if a separate section for humidity problems (perhaps in the Air Conditioning dept - along with Heat Pumps) might not be such a bad idea. I understand that ASHRAE have eventually recognised that humidty (read psychrometry) is a discipline in its own right and even have its own publication on the subject (and about time too).

Regards
Psychro ;)

Darshi
18-06-2008, 04:28 AM
I was wondering whether a section for "humidity" problems might be helpful - but then again I suppose I'm a bit biased towards that subject.

It's just that whenever there is a problem which relates to this subject it seems to be scattered amongst all the other sections.:rolleyes:

Psychro

I too think ,it is a good idea to have a dedicated section for psychrometrics.Handling humidity problems is little complex compared to sensible cooling /heating.Many of us can benifit from (easy to locate ) expert opinions.

Brian_UK
18-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Fair comment Psychro, I'll give the Guvnor a bump..

Psychro
19-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Fair comment Psychro, I'll give the Guvnor a bump..

Thanks Brian. Much appreciated.

Psychro

patrickj
27-07-2008, 07:36 PM
it is a good idea. Coul someone indicate a link or an software download Psychrometric chart in SI UNITS

GXMPLX
27-07-2008, 10:48 PM
it is a good idea. Coul someone indicate a link or an software download Psychrometric chart in SI UNITS

You will see several links to free and not so here:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13627

Psychro
28-07-2008, 11:10 AM

Another one available here
http://www.humiditycontrol.co.uk/Technology/psychrometric-chart.htm