PDA

View Full Version : R413a

FLUMP
20-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Hello again

Can anybody tell me where to get hold of this refrigerant all the top wholesalers only sell it in bulk I need some for car air con system so its not cost effective any help would be great. Im in the U.K

Thanks again

Brian_UK
22-12-2002, 12:25 AM
What do you classify as 'bulk'?

My old firm used to get it in 13kg disposable cans; bear in mind thast you can also use it on old R12 fridge kit as well.

Peter
03-01-2003, 10:58 AM
You can buy it from RPW in 12.5kg non-returnable or returnable cylinders. The product is also known as ISCEON 49. It is also available in a 1kg non-returnable can but unlesss 1kg is all you need then it is is much more cost effective to buy the 12.5kg cylinder as you will also need to buy a valve adaptor for the 1kg can.

pandahouse68
04-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi Guys,
Could anyone tell me how to charge R413A(RS24) into Commercial Frige (Foster Gastronorm using R12)
Please;)
Cheers

Brian_UK
04-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Check with the manufacturers for their recommendations.

monkey spanners
05-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Its about 90% charge weight of the original as pint for pint the new refrigerant weighs less, charged as a liquid as its a blend. As Brian says, check out the refrigerant manufacturers website for their recommendations.

Jon

pandahouse68
05-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Its about 90% charge weight of the original as pint for pint the new refrigerant weighs less, charged as a liquid as its a blend. As Brian says, check out the refrigerant manufacturers website for their recommendations.

Jon

I've been told that Liquid charging can only be done through High service port in Automotive A/C system, my question is there's only one service port on Hermetic compressor,and I believe it's a low service port ,so how liquid charging can be operated ,I'm confused:eek:,please tell me how to do it,
thanks

monkey spanners
05-11-2007, 09:08 PM
It has to come out the bottle as a liquid but you can restrict the flow with the blue valve on your gauges, in effect using it as a hand expansoin valve, so that only gas enters the system.
If it is a really small system, to put the final bit of charge in i usually fill the yellow hose with liquid (15/20g) then shut the bottle, then open the blue valve on the gauges a bit, that way you don't put too much in at once. The final additions to the charge should be made once the system has reached its set temperature and is cycling on and off on the stat as normal. If you try to do it all in one go, most likely you will put too much in, least this is what i have done when rushing:o
Finally when done mark it with the refrigerant type and quantity added.

Jon

pandahouse68
05-11-2007, 10:49 PM
It has to come out the bottle as a liquid but you can restrict the flow with the blue valve on your gauges, in effect using it as a hand expansoin valve, so that only gas enters the system.
If it is a really small system, to put the final bit of charge in i usually fill the yellow hose with liquid (15/20g) then shut the bottle, then open the blue valve on the gauges a bit, that way you don't put too much in at once. The final additions to the charge should be made once the system has reached its set temperature and is cycling on and off on the stat as normal. If you try to do it all in one go, most likely you will put too much in, least this is what i have done when rushing:o
Finally when done mark it with the refrigerant type and quantity added.

Jon

Thanks Jon,
Do I have to turn the 12.5kg (R413A) cylinder upside down for liquid charging l
cheers
:D

Brian_UK
06-11-2007, 12:37 AM
I have to ask, have you done any work on a refrigeration system or air conditioning in the past or is this your first try.

monkey spanners
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Depends on whether the bottle has a dip tube or not.