PDA

View Full Version : elliwell ID974 defrost problems

boksida@hotmail
21-09-2007, 03:56 PM
We have a kitchen deepfreezer onboard controlled by an elliwell ID974.
We cleaned it out and manually defrosted it and when we started it up again the compressor started running but the fan did not, so the temperature in the freezer didn't come down.
When I disabled the evaporator probe by changing the parameter H42 to 'no' the fan started running and the temperature started coming down.
When it reached normal working temperatures again, I changed the parameter back to 'yes' and the fan kept on turning and everything kept on working fine.
But a few hours later it went in defrost and the letters 'def' appeared in the display and stayed there.
The temperature stayed ok but the only way to get rid of the 'def' was by switching the refrigerator off and on again.
Does anybody have an idea what could be the reason of this phenomena.
Thanks
Danny

walden
21-09-2007, 04:21 PM
The Eliwell ID974 has some 40 instructions; it’s easy to get lost, frustrated and generally fed-up when it doesn't appear to work!

There are two instruction FSt & FAd which together will hold off the fan until the coil reaches a certain temperature. If say, FSt was set for 5°C and FAd was set for 2°C, the fans will come on when the coil temperature reaches
5 – 2 = 3°C.

Another instruction FCO, will cycle the fans with the compressor during cooling.

The display in defrost is controlled by instruction ddL.

If ddL is set for “2” then the display will show deF when the defrost starts and continue to show deF until the air falls below the setpoint temperature.

Full instructions for ID974 and other controllers here: http://www.frostechnic.com/service.htm

Hope this helps.

mambro_01
04-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Sirs,

you can download all eliwell literature on Invensyscontrolsuerope.com website under Eliwell brand. Refrigeration controllers like ID974 are under digifrost controller. For any help you can contact
techsuppeliwell@invensyscontrols.com

regards

cuepower64
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
The ID974 DEF display will keep displaying until the controller setpoint is reached. As for the fans I would check that the fan off temperature parameter is not set too low, as if this is set too low the fans will not energise until the temperature drops back down to this setting due to the temperature rise on defrost. Also I dare say you have checked this but also check the fan delay time as both of these will hold the fan off after a defrost. I hope this helps!!! cuepower64
We have a kitchen deepfreezer onboard controlled by an elliwell ID974.
We cleaned it out and manually defrosted it and when we started it up again the compressor started running but the fan did not, so the temperature in the freezer didn't come down.
When I disabled the evaporator probe by changing the parameter H42 to 'no' the fan started running and the temperature started coming down.
When it reached normal working temperatures again, I changed the parameter back to 'yes' and the fan kept on turning and everything kept on working fine.
But a few hours later it went in defrost and the letters 'def' appeared in the display and stayed there.
The temperature stayed ok but the only way to get rid of the 'def' was by switching the refrigerator off and on again.
Does anybody have an idea what could be the reason of this phenomena.
Thanks
Danny

Soko
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
There is another thing that could hold the fans. Dripping time (dT) It is used to hold fans until remaining water drops turns into ice so they cant be blown off of the evap.
Check that, too.

Grizzly
10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Boksida.
I think the link you recieved from mambro 01 is corrupted.
Please follow the link below for the relevant pdf for the ellwel ID Range including the manual for a ID974 and a ID974LX. The instruction manual link is at the bottom of the page.
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.com/InvensysControlsEurope/en/ProductsServices/Eliwell/ElectronicRefrigerationControllers/DigifrostLine/

hendry
15-12-2007, 10:49 AM
boksida,

could you check on your temperature sensor probe/s?
you should find somthing there.

Mazdamike
27-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree with hendry, had same problem, changed the evap probe. All OK (Prefer LAE )

Giannis
27-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I Had many times the same problems , sometimes the def probe can stop the fans and can be damaged without probe alarm,

hendry
03-01-2008, 05:22 AM
I agree with hendry, had same problem, changed the evap probe. All OK (Prefer LAE )

thank you for your concurrence.

sometimes, i need to be a bit more adventurous in order to complete the entrusted task/job.

no doubt, it may seem to be a simple alarm ...

i do check the complete electrical and electronic system to eliminate any nuisance.

anyway, good luck in case you have similar problem/s.

BEAR IN MIND NOT ANY TWO PROBLEMS ARE THE SAME.

declan simmonds
24-02-2008, 06:26 PM
hello well to start off these controllers are easy once you get to know the patterns and the things you need to look for as someone said check the evp probe and temperature reading within the controller i am sure it is a function on this controller then check and make sure the probe is attached to the evp that could be another problem sometimes they fall off or get disloged, check evp cut in time sometimes its on a time basis or a temp basis depending on the settings within the controller and last of all check the gas charge maybe there is not enough refrigerant flooding the evp to insure that the fan comes on within the set parameters i hope this helps.
declan

armyeng1
18-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I have an elliwell ID974 Controller with LED display showing the compressor off, but the compressor continues to cool anyways and the fan does not stop. I have the SET to 2C and the Dif to 2C everything appears ok, both NTC probes are new. Any ideas?

hm1982
18-11-2010, 10:40 PM
if u have a solenid check to see if its passing,if there is no solenid check if your controller is still sending power to compressor when its not calling 4 it

kiwifridgie
19-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I have an elliwell ID974 Controller with LED display showing the compressor off, but the compressor continues to cool anyways and the fan does not stop. I have the SET to 2C and the Dif to 2C everything appears ok, both NTC probes are new. Any ideas?
relay locked on. replace controller.

Toolman
17-12-2010, 04:06 AM
How do I put Elliwell ID974 - onto defrost ?

lowcool
17-12-2010, 05:00 AM
hit the bugger timbo

roger head
17-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Hold down top left button to defrost

Toolman
17-12-2010, 08:45 AM
hit the bugger timbo

:o

PDF arrived from Elliwell tech support impressive it has all the info , but i dont know how to attach it ?

Toolman
17-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Sirs,

you can download all eliwell literature on Invensyscontrolsuerope.com website under Eliwell brand. Refrigeration controllers like ID974 are under digifrost controller. For any help you can contact
techsuppeliwell@invensyscontrols.com

regards

Thanks for the email address they sent me exactly what I needed in a PDF ;)