PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30XA Liquid chiller Problems

Ed Burris
20-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I have three new 30XAAA500 air cooled chillers that seem to have the same cont. problems. Carrier Services seems to have problems also. Is any one else having related problems with these chillers?

1. Low oil level.
2. Motor temp. out of range.
3. Slide valve control unverifiable

Shakey
21-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Low oil level is most likely due to low load running with these machines.

Motor temp out of range: more information needed... is it an economised machine?

Slide valve unverifiable... The only way the software interperates where the slide valve is, is from the current draw of the chiller...yes there are no pententiometers what so ever. Have you checked that all of your condenser fan motors are running? If the software does not see an increase in amps when it is loading then it will bring up this alarm. Check you solenoids are working correctly.

Dimitris
22-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi Ed, the low oil level could be due to leakage (*****.) Too many starts/stops of the chiller could also cause the low oil level reading.
You should check the compressor's super heat because of the high motor temp. problem. It could also be a faulty sensor on the compressor.
I hope that helps.
Dimitris

Ed Burris
24-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Ed, the low oil level could be due to leakage (*****.) Too many starts/stops of the chiller could also cause the low oil level reading.
You should check the compressor's super heat because of the high motor temp. problem. It could also be a faulty sensor on the compressor.
I hope that helps.
Dimitris

I believe you are correct on the sensor being faulty, super heat is running at within 2deg of factory spects and I have added approx. 20 pumps of oil.

absrbrtek
28-09-2007, 04:16 AM
The compressor has a spare motor temp sensor built into it. Ohm them both out and see if they read the same.

iceman007
20-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I have three new 30XAAA500 air cooled chillers that seem to have the same cont. problems. Carrier Services seems to have problems also. Is any one else having related problems with these chillers?

1. Low oil level.
2. Motor temp. out of range.
3. Slide valve control unverifiable

The first two points it seems like you have under control. The best way to deal with the 3rd one is to have fast load config loaded onto the PD5 board.

khun
11-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Hello All
We've carrier 30xa and we found a problem with condensing coil was leak.
1)Do you have this problem ?
2)Why it happen (only a year running)
3)How we can prevent this problem

Thans you for your advise
Khun

serviceman
13-08-2010, 08:12 PM
check the refrigerant charge, since in these teams is very important refrigerant charging, remember that the same refrigerant cools the engine and shifts back to the compressor oil