PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Compressor Problem

philjd26
19-09-2007, 09:45 PM
CAME TO A SITE WITH AN EDPAC SCROLL COMPRESSOR TYPE RUNNING HOT WIT VERY LITTLE GAS AND ALOT OF OIL AROUND OIL SEPERATOR...LEAK FOUND ON OIL RETURN LINE, FIXED SAME AND BEGAN TO RE-CHARGE WITH 407C.....WHILST DOING THIS COMPRESSOR CONTINOUSLY GOING OUT ON INTERNAL THERMISTOR...
HERE ARE SYMTOMS ANY IDEA???

SUCTION PRESSURE ...8 BRG AND 19C AT INLET
LIQUID PRESSURE ......13BRG AND 30C AT TEV INLET
DISCHARGE PRESSURE 13 BRG AND 90C AT OUT LET

AMPERAGE HIGH @21AMP PER PHASE
NORMALLY AROUND 15AMP PER PHASE...POSSBLE REEDS PROBLEM I THINK! ie..NOT DICHARGING, blowing back in the suction??WHAT YE THINK LADS

Lowrider
19-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Could be! But since I'm not familair with these machines, could also be that there's no oil in the separator and the valve remains open and thus returning the discharge to the suction.

cameron.e
20-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi phil i would suggest that u let it cool down, the scroll needs to be cooled down when being charged with purging it with liquid instead of vapor because on start up it gets very hot, what application is it on .

taz24
20-09-2007, 09:13 AM
HERE ARE SYMTOMS ANY IDEA???

?WHAT YE THINK LADS

Scrolls rely on oil to lubricate and seal the workings of the scroll. No oil would mean no seal so gas passes back.
You need to completly change the oil and also change the refrigerant with new.

Then try it.

taz.

philjd26
20-09-2007, 05:01 PM
hi,it looking after a computer room i topped system with additional oil and put in fresh refrigerant...still going out on internal temp so he is getting him a new one tomorrow ...thanks for replys

the fridge
26-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi there I have had a problems like this in the past fault was due to internal relief valve not seating. Hope this helps

raviperumal
26-09-2007, 10:15 AM
The sealing element between fixed and orbital scroll got damged, hence the pumping is not happening.It results high compressor body temperature and it will trip in internal thermostat.

Please change the compressor.

While chnaging the compressor please take proper measures like evacuation and nitrogen pressure holding etc....

I hope this will give you some ideas.

Best regards,
ravi perumal