PDA

View Full Version : OscarTielle multi decks, high amps

tait71
19-09-2007, 08:16 PM
HELLLO, just want your thoughts please.
i was called to a bakers today to a new OscarTielle multideck which was blowing fuses on inspection i for it had 2 compressors both running ay 7.5 amp and 2 mains flexes both rated a 13a, i found the 1 flex was hot and the plug top was burning out this was due to both compressors being wired into the same mains flex which was drawing 18a and cauing the fuse to blow the other flex had only 2 amp on it, i split the load bettween the 2 flexes and all is well now but i have to check another 8 cabnets for this fault just to be safe, anybody else had this problem?:eek:

Electrocoolman
19-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi,
I've not had exactly the same problem with both compressors on one plug, but the two mains leads is fairly common in order to split the load. You also need to make sure that the two plugs are only plugged into a double 13A wall socket and not a 2 way adapter or extension lead.

Just be aware that there needs to be a delay between starting the two compressors to prevent the combined starting current from tripping the circuit breaker, also one circuit will be the 'master'.

It is also worth ensuring that the equipment is marked such that the service engineer is aware that the equipment is fed from TWO sources and that both need to be isolated!

Adrian.