PDA

View Full Version : centrifugal chillers york

Magic
19-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I,m working with a 360 ton centrifugal chiller and im having trouble determing if its low on refrigerant charge.This chiller uses Refrigerant 134-a.I am not sure what is the correct operating superheat or subcooling of this unit.Can someone tell me what is the best and most reliable method to determine if this unit is fully charged If you guys need anymore information on the chillers operating data to help me solve my problem just let me know.I really need to know if the chillers working correctly and efficiently.

joel
21-09-2007, 03:19 AM
sir,

check unit manual or name plate. it shows how much you need to charge.

regards,.

absrbrtek
25-09-2007, 01:57 AM
The nameplates are an estimate, not even close in many instances.
sir,

check unit manual or name plate. it shows how much you need to charge.

regards,.

joel
10-10-2007, 03:20 AM
The nameplates are an estimate, not even close in many instances.

sir,
superheat required is 1- 2 deg.F...
pls...consider checking your...
cooler/cond flow and approach.

regards

gsxr1340
15-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi Magic.

would check refrigerant level in sight glass on evaporator, check delta t across evap and cond, and check operating pressures for your application,

onquin
08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
is there liquid refrigerant valve actuator installed in your unit?try to check its operation,eventhough you are having the correct amount of refrigerant in the system,calibration and proper operation of that valve and level sensor is required,

serviceman
12-11-2009, 06:08 PM
measured the evaporator at 100 % capacity between the output of water and saturated evaporator temperature performance should be of 2 ° f.
Best regards