PDA

View Full Version : old traulsen defrost timer

scott777
19-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Hi, I have an older three door traulsen freezer in our resturaunt.The model is G32010WM.I just Put a new defrost timer on it.The old one was set for 3, 40 minute defrost cycles.Is this the normal settings.Also does anyone know where I could get a copy of an owners manual for this model.I tried the Traulsen web site ,but they never got back to me.
Thanks for the help

Electrocoolman
19-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Scott,
Have you replaced 'like for like', or are the defrost timers different?

The defrost will be either electric or hot gas, and 40 mins sounds a bit long for a heating cycle defrost, unless the system (sometimes the time clock itself) has a means of terminating the defrost early as the temperature rises. I would have expected more like 20mins.
Hope this info is of use.
Adrian.

scott777
20-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Hi,and thanks for the reply.yes I replaced it with the same thing,8141-00 Paragon,It seems to be working ok.Before it was feezing up.The points looked kind of shot.Would it be maybe when it went into defrost mode those points were not making contact?
scott

Fire and Ice
26-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Hi there,
Yes, this is fairly common on defrost timers. The contacts can become a little toasty over time and intermittently make contact. I usually set the defrost for 4 times a day and - yes 40 min intervals. This particular model has a defrost solenoid to terminate the defrost if the coil reaches the defrost limit setting usually about 55 degrees.
good luck, fire and ice