PDA

View Full Version : Noise Level

Cewek ITS
18-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Dear All,

I have Fan for condensor with sound power level 63 dB & sound pressure level 31 dB at distance 10m. I want to know whether can be applied in what area (hospital, residential, etc)?. Who has standard noise design for each area starting from extremely low noise until standard noise?

Thanks for your help

BR,
Cewek ITS

taz24
18-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Dear All,

I have Fan for condensor with sound power level 63 dB & sound pressure level 31 dB at distance 10m. I want to know whether can be applied in what area (hospital, residential, etc)?. Who has standard noise design for each area starting from extremely low noise until standard noise?

Thanks for your help

BR,
Cewek ITS

PARDON I CAN'T HEAR YOU WITH ALL THAT NOISE.
What did you say?:D

taz.

sihombing
19-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Sound Power Level and Sound Pressure level at 10 m distance cannot be used to judge noise condition inside building/room.
Please ask your supplier to provide you more detail technical spec of the fan:

try this link :
http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/education/pdfs/Noise_Criteria.pdf

ps:
suroboyone ndi, mbak?

DVaider
19-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Dear All,

Thanks for your help

BR,
Cewek ITS

Hi there.
Builders must know all about this. Try to ask your question on any builders' forum.

sihombing
20-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Dear Mbak,
I wonder what your fan brand is and how they measure the sound power level. It is not simple. There are some prosedures that we have to follow. Please read the ISO standard below (ISO 3744).
Acoustics - Determination of Sound Power Levels of Noise Sources Using Sound Pressure - Engineering Method in an Essentially Free Field over a Reflecting Plane Second Edition; (CEN EN ISO 3744: 1995).

One more thing, 31 dB sound pressure level is quite low. You suppose not to be worry about it. But you must know, the measurement methods and give us more details.

salam