PDA

View Full Version : hussman refirgeration?

comproom_ac
17-09-2007, 01:40 PM
May be the wrong section, but they where big in the supermarket side of things....anyway i have now lived in australia for the last 7 years and did my apprenership with them in sunny brum years ago, anyone got any info on them ? are they still around?

any info would be appreciated, cheers mitch

taz24
17-09-2007, 03:22 PM
any info would be appreciated, cheers mitch

Hussmann sold out to Linde about 4 / 5 years ago.
They have now been sold on to WR.

So the company you started out with is now owned by WR.

Ironic eh. :rolleyes:

taz.

comproom_ac
18-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Kool thanks for the info, who are WR?

kaelte_technik
18-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Hussman is sold to Ingersoll Rand and not to Linde. I work with Linde for Asia Pacific and station in Manila. So it belongs now to IR.

KAELTETECHNIK

taz24
18-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Hussman is sold to Ingersoll Rand and not to Linde. I work with Linde for Asia Pacific and station in Manila. So it belongs now to IR.

KAELTETECHNIK

Your right it was Ingersol Rand.

sorry.

taz.

taz24
18-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Kool thanks for the info, who are WR?

WR = Wathes of old.

taz.

comproom_ac
18-09-2007, 12:28 PM
kool, cheers for the info guys, i know hussman was struggling before i left..they had the contract for all of Asda's, but slowly Asda got there own guys in...city refrigeration i think they where called....we have hussman over here down under, but they are called Mcalpine hussman, same logo etc etc, not sure where the Mcalpine bit it from..?

bernard
18-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi

I,m curious if its Alfred Mcalpine ?

Regards Bernard

750 Valve
20-09-2007, 12:25 PM
As I understand it I'm pretty sure the McAlpine name is from New Zealand, pretty strong supermarket and AC company over there until Ingersoll Rand bought into Asia Pacific - they bought Triangle refrig in Aust and McAlpine in NZ and became McAlpine Hussmann Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Hussmann or Hussmania as I like to call them have their H.O in sydney but most of the brains come from NZ - eg they just did their first co2 store in australia and got the NZ boys over to get them started.

Linde is owned by Carrier and sold in Australia by Frigrite.

comproom_ac
20-09-2007, 01:32 PM
nice info mate, who do you work for in sydney? i am currently working for a company related to computer room here in Perth used to work for quirks refrigeration before that...

750 Valve
22-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Big supermarket company, not hussmania. I imagine the current job would be world of difference from quirks!

comproom_ac
22-09-2007, 02:43 PM
lol,,, i concider a bad day when i have to take my ladders off my rodeo...last time they where off my van was 6 months ago, not bad for doin A/C work..our units are moslty intergral water cooled and at only 90 kw max...only draw back is my clients are all comp nerds with no communication skills and love spending 1 million on a rack of servers and will not spend 30,000 on a A/C unit to cool them..

refer man
23-09-2007, 06:14 PM
hussmann is a big name in the u.s
they are now owned by Ingersoll rand climate control technologies division along with krack, and thermoking. As far as the branch I'm with we are booked with work well into 2009. Supermarket and warehouse refigeration is there fortey atleast around here.

comproom_ac
25-09-2007, 01:03 PM
do they still make there own freezer cases etc?

750 Valve
25-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Latest store I saw opened (today :D) had Koxka badged (a Hussmann brand) wide island freezer cases, RL Hussmann GDFZs and all Hussmann Deli's, Meats, Dairy's and specialty cases all out of the US and rewired for 240v. So yes they still make them and yes they are sold in OZ. Any new Coles has a hussmann RVG hot chicken/pizza 2 tier hot/cold case at the end of the deli lineup and a RIC specialty cheese case opposite the deli but they are made out of NZ and China respectively and come good to go on 240v

comproom_ac
27-09-2007, 01:06 PM
wow, kool.....ha also remeber we had the contract with all the coop funaral parlers back in the uk...remember going into my first room full of dead ppl when i was an apprentise....freeeeeked me out man..