PDA

View Full Version : upload size

superswill
17-09-2007, 11:44 AM
just a thought,how about increasing the size of files that can be uploaded as attachments,very offten i find explaining a problem or posting a problem would be helped if large service manuals could be upload rather
than using other websites eg you send it to post the info.RE is a great tool one i found very helpfull even if its just reading other peoples links in order to better myself and broaden my knowledge

Pol
17-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Good Plan, Paul!

Pol

Brian_UK
17-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Paul, Webram would have to answer this one specifically but I expect there would be concerns about the storage requirements to do this.

As you know the 'upload/download' sites normally only allow a file to stay active for about a week before it is deleted. This is due to the amount of 'free' space available. If you want to pay for the service then you get better terms.

A lot of forum sites use external sites for documents and pictures because of the disc space required to hold all of the files etc.

superswill
17-09-2007, 01:47 PM
i agree this is easier said than done,but with the new classified section/jobs ect here,why not have everythng in house on here,a one stop shop if you like