PDA

View Full Version : how to sizes the blower and condenser for a freezer

irwinchong80
17-09-2007, 10:06 AM
hi, i am new in refrigeration system. Now i have cold room sizes is 14' x 12' x 8'h. i will using copeland scroll ZR81kc-TFD-522 7.0hp R22 compressor. Total is 6.6kw at -23deg c. how should i sizes my condenser and blower. Please advise me.

750 Valve
17-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Mate basically you should size the evaporator first for the heat load on the room. Then select a compressor to do that duty and finally a condenser that will reject both the comp capacity and also the heat added during compression - you can just add the input power to the comps capacity to come up with a total heat to be rejected - this is your condenser capacity. For a freezer you will need to consider pulldown off defrost, I like a bit more KW up my sleeve for pulldown and maybe an unloader for low loads (depends on your customer and the $$$ I suppose)

Oh and R22 is not the best gas for low temp, you would be heaps better off using r404a or r507

If you are hell bent on using that scroll then select an evap to do same or slightly less kw - if comp does 6.6kw then anything from 6.0 to 6.6 kw will do for the evap at say -30 SST at a 7K td (you said -23 I assume thats room temp). For the condenser add the input power to the 6.6kw to come up with a total. Select a condenser based on say a 40C ambient (or the max you will see in your region) and a nice low TD like say 8k or even lower if you must use r22, so on a 40C day you will run 48C SCT

Samarjit Sen
17-09-2007, 06:06 PM
As per Select6 of Copeland Software, the size of the condenser should be 10.35 kw. Once you have finalised the compressor capacity, you should find the Total Heat Rejection which is the Condenser size. The Cooling Load you will have to size as per the compressor capacity, the application etc.

irwinchong80
26-09-2007, 03:08 AM
hi. anyone can tech me sizing evaporator for a coldroom

Fire and Ice
26-09-2007, 05:29 AM
hi, i am new in refrigeration system. Now i have cold room sizes is 14' x 12' x 8'h. i will using copeland scroll ZR81kc-TFD-522 7.0hp R22 compressor. Total is 6.6kw at -23deg c. how should i sizes my condenser and blower. Please advise me.

Make sure you have the correct btu rating of the condensing unit and make sure you match the btu rating to the evaporator btus. Do not use horsepower of the compressor as your determing factor but, btus.