PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Smelly Car Air-con Vents

Grizzly
16-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Please ignore this first post and refer to 2nd post.
many thanks grizzly

Grizzly
16-09-2007, 08:33 PM
[quote=Grizzly;78452]Greetings Fellow Heat Manipulators.
Like many that have gone before I have perused the forum eagerly searching for the little gems of wisdom and advise for a long time! But have never dared to put "put pen to paper"
I work mainly on Industrial and Chiller applications.
Although this does not stop people assumeing " one shoe fits all"
Which we all know would be impossible to acheive!
Hence the need and strength of this forum.
My question is to those of us, who work on vehicle Air-Con. When you are presented with a car with quote " horrible smells" comeing from the air vents. How to you fumigate the the we bugs and nasties that have created them.
I have several members of the family that have expressed supprise that their air vents smell "when they hav'nt used them for such a long time"
Please could someone help?
sorry guys the first post sounds a bit arrogant when all I was trying to be was amussing!

Latte
16-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Two Options,

Have a look on the Halfords website under car maintenance and you should find on the a/c section "Comma a/c cleaner" £11.99 its a spray can with a lockable trigger that you put in the car with the a/c running on recycle and it freshens it up. Tried it on my van when the smoking ban for vehicles came in and it worked a treat. Second option, go to NRS, get some smelly jellys and put behind the vents :D

Regards

Fatboy

Grizzly
16-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for that Fatboy! I will follow up on it.
ps I like your quote.

How do ammonia engineers breathe - Carefully!

Brian_UK
16-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Yep, go to Halfords, as Fatboy suggested, used it in the wifes car and now it's all "lemony", Ahhhh.

coolincab
17-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Anyone ever tried spraying a fragranced bleach like flash pine fresh. Remove the pollen filter & spray some in with the fan running full speed i think it works
Is any one tut tut tutting ?
i havent herd anyone else doing this so av kept it to my self till now

Grizzly
17-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the reply Coolincab.
A great lgical answer to the dilemma with an added bonus that if you use one of the fragrenced cleaners.
That the misses uses, when she gets in your vehicle you are gauranteed that she is going to like the smell!
After all it's 1 she chose to use.
Just as long as it's not Jizer to many engineers have had experiances with this before! e.g. I've got a good job for you young apprentice!
cheers grizzly