PDA

View Full Version : Compressor trips

faizsid
16-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi everybody,
I hava a problem with the Coplend 4000,compressor using R134a gas. The system was working, SP 50psi,
DP 150psi and Amps40, Whereas the same capacity another unit working, SP 35psi, SP 210psi, and Amps 46. I had put off the first unit because I fell it is not working properly so as to check the compressor, it had over sweating on the body the ambient humidity was also high. When I started the compressor again it tripped on earth fault. Meggar the winding it was showing 50 omhs. then I changed the terminal plate now the winding show infinit yet when I put On the compressor the breaker trips, WHY?

Rtic
16-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Im sorry but I kindda new to this and don't understand the following abbreviations:-
SP (suction Pressure?)
DP
Amps (I now it maybe Amps as in Electric but seems high do you mean ambient?)

paul_h
16-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Im sorry but I kindda new to this and don't understand the following abbreviations:-
SP (suction Pressure?)
DP
Amps (I now it maybe Amps as in Electric but seems high do you mean ambient?) SP usually = suction pressure (LP),
DP usually = discharge pressure (HP)
amps normally always means electrical amps, I've never seen ambient temp abbreviated to amp.
yes they are high, but we have no idea on the size of the thing, plus always remeber, if its 110-120v, the amps will always be higher than us who deal with 240v mains supply, so maybe it's normal.

Op as far as failing megger/tripping, maybe some moisture got on the terminals.
As far as it tripping now, if it's bone dry now, I can't help, you must have broken it somehow ;)

Rtic
16-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks paul_h. Sorry If I sounded dumb but I am always willing to learn. I did assume that Amps meant amps:rolleyes:, I understand the working of amps and Volts, but it still sounds high, I guess I should ask: -
What size equipment are you dealing with
What is the Voltage and the compressor HP?To be honest it sounds that the Compressor is knackered

monkey spanners
16-09-2007, 06:30 PM
If you have changed the terminal plate and the compressor was working before, it sounds like the wires to the terminals have been replaced in the wrong places.

Jon

D.Evans
29-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi everybody,
I hava a problem with the Coplend 4000,compressor using R134a gas. The system was working, SP 50psi,
DP 150psi and Amps40, Whereas the same capacity another unit working, SP 35psi, SP 210psi, and Amps 46. I had put off the first unit because I fell it is not working properly so as to check the compressor, it had over sweating on the body the ambient humidity was also high. When I started the compressor again it tripped on earth fault. Meggar the winding it was showing 50 omhs. then I changed the terminal plate now the winding show infinit yet when I put On the compressor the breaker trips, WHY?

With your initial problem, you don't say what you are cooling, but a suction pressure of 50psi with R134a is quite high. Chilled water off at 6C you would expect a suction pressure of around 30psi.
If your initial insulation was around 50ohms this is very low and it sounds as though you are slugging liquid refrigerant back to the compressor. Check your expansion valve settings. If after changing the terminal plate the breaker trips immediately you may have reconnected the cables wrong.