PDA

View Full Version : Daikin DIII-Net Bus F1 F2 Protocol Adapter

ella
14-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi.
Looks like some third parties have got access to Daiking DIII-Net bus (F1,F2 connections). Some of my customers wanted to get their Central Home Automation Controller connected to Daikin system and it is a grate head ache all the time as not all controllers can work with iTouch. So a few days ago I have found something interesting called CoolMaster 1000. (w_w_w.xdimax.com/cool/cool.html)
I wonder if there is any good or bad references about this black box.

ella
19-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi, Any news?

Krondor
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi All,
Bought one of those and implemented in several houses to connect to home automation systems.
For now it seems to be working just fine.

ella
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Cool.
Goin to take a try. I'm using AMX controllers and will need to integrate this product with controller.
What exactly have you done in your applications? I looked at the CoolMaster interface description and it looks pretty simple but I still want to make sure there will be no problems.

jacabus
20-03-2008, 01:37 AM
AVD Australia have a working solution available for Daikin VRV system - an AMX module is available or an AMX processor with the module loaded. The module is based on communications with the Daikin DBACS IP Gateway - so this must be part of the AC system.

The interface was developed from the ASHRAE STANDARD BACNET Protocol.
It can provides the following for each FCU in the system
Current room temperature
Room Set Temperature point
AC Control CONDITION/OFF
Current AC status (ON/OFF – FAN HIGH/LOW)
Mode – (HEATING or COOLING )
Display AC Error codes

Check out their website avd.com.au

mor
12-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Is the DIII-net bus, the same one the BRC1D61 controller talks on? I.e. can I just plug this in in place of the controller?

Sorry if this is a very dumb question.

Krondor
12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
1. Are you sure its BRC1D61? not 52?
2. the D3 Net bus is the central communicaion line (between indoors and outdoor). The communication line between the indoor and its thermostat is different. So it won't fit.
Anyhow, what are trying to do?

mor
12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Yes, it's the D61. I'm in australia. I'm trying to tie the AC to my home automation system, and this seems like a much better idea than the KRP4A5x as it has reasonable temp control, and an RS232 interface.

Is the D3 Net a real bus? I.e. can I wire this into the link between the indoor/outdoor units?

Krondor
13-05-2008, 05:57 PM
What kind of aircon system do you have? Is it VRV or Split or SkyAir type?
If its VRV you can simply connect to any F1 F2 terminal within the system.
If its split or Sky Air type you have to add an interface adaptor to each indoor unit. This interface plugs into indoor unit PCB and provides an output of F1 F2 terminals. If you want to connect all the indoors from a single CoolMaster you will have to chain all those interfaces.

mor
15-05-2008, 02:09 AM
It's a split I think. Model is FDYQ200M which is FDYQ200MV1R as an indoor unit. Would you know the part number for the interface adaptor?

thanks for your help!

Krondor
15-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Its supposed to be a DTA102 interface adaptor, however you better check with your local Daikin Distributor if it fits your type of indoor unit.

BoZ
18-05-2008, 11:22 AM
This still requires the BAC NET interface plus AVD isn't about to give it away the AMX module for free so the Coolmaster which interfaces directly to the Daikin DIII Net bus is a much more economical solution.

Frost_Giant
09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi, where can i get some more information about this Coolmaster ?

Obi Wan
13-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Hello All,

The CoolMaster 1000, is not supported by Daikin. When I checked with Daikin Europe they were very interested in this product. The DIII-Net is a proprietary Daikin network for the VRV system and is a guarded secret. Last I heard was that Daikin were going to test this product to see if it had any influence on the operation of the system like the oil return, defrost, test run operation etc…

I have not used the product so can’t comment beyond the above.

Obi Wan

Krondor
14-07-2008, 06:35 AM
well, i can actually understand Daikin's concern about the product since they probably havn't seen it yet.
However, we have been using it very successfully for about 2 years without any "side" effects.
As i have been told, despite the fact that it is connected directly to the communication line, it doesn't have any effect on system's internal operations.
CoolMaster acts as a control gateway. Most of the time its "silent" and only acts when the third party controller wants to send a command or receive operation status.

Trevor Reznik
16-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Hi folks,
I am new to this whole aircon thing. The CoolMaster units look quite interesting. Do you know if there is any solution that fits to more then only one manufacturer. E.g. the CoolMaster 1000 is only for Daikin, etc.

Thanks!

brunstar
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
another good option for most applications is an RTD10 controller, ths will allow for fully controllable external inputs from a BMS using voltage or resistance..

dxcoil
20-04-2010, 03:31 PM
i always use it for modbus control if i have conections to Home Automation, for me there is no better way then RTD-10, especially you can always check via the inputs if your system is okay.

The1Matrix1
18-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Dears all,

i have the Coolmaster 1000D device and i came to know that i should use and connect the DTA102A to the main AC indoor unit PCB then from this I will connect it to another AC (with the same DTA102A for all indoor units) then in the last to the CoolMaster 1000D

but the Coolmaster screen shows only U00, G00 (No AC showing)

What im missing?!

Thanx