PDA

View Full Version : VRV Systems and indoor units

AcidSlasher
14-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey guys,

I know that with a daikin VRV system you can run a variety of different indoor units off one condenser, but is it possible to have say 3 ducted indoors, 2 cassettes and maybe a high-wall split type unit all running off the same outdoor unit??

Im just curious, because iv worked on several VRV systems, but iv NEVER seen any of them containing a high-wall split in the mix.

I cant think of any reason why a high wall unit couldnt be run off a VRV system, im guessing the reason would be due to the fact that they would general not suit the design of a system where a VRV being implemented, (due to the fact that the pipes usually penetrate the wall to the outside, and the systems iv worked on usually run the pipes above the set ceiling/tiles, and a cassette or ducted unit would be more suitable).

That is just my thought, but im just wondering if there is any other reason stopping them from being used?

Thanks in advance

superswill
14-09-2007, 07:07 PM
From my own experience with VRV any combinations of units could be installed providing they are compactable and sized correctly, high wall splits on Samsung VRF use a external electronic expansion valve kit in order to make them compatible, I can not speak for other Manufactures but sure they are people on here who can as its been a while since I have install or really messed with other VFV systems, as for the pipe work we usually use trunking into the ceiling void or behind the wall the unit is mounted on if the wall void is big enough

frank
14-09-2007, 07:48 PM
The type of indoor unit does not matter. So long as the indoor units in total are not below or above the outdoor units capacity index, you can have any mixture of fan coil you like.

The Daikin high wall fan coils have the EEV built in as opposed to the Samsung.

kerrcell
15-09-2007, 08:30 PM
HI man,
Regarding the high wall type,one can install any but has to keep in mind to not exceed the vrv's total capacity.Another thing is that you should keep in mind the total lenght(one way) of the copper runs.Additional charge has to be added according to it.

ella
16-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm quite sure there should be some tool to design setup. This tool should calculate all limits and provide warning in case of out of limits design. Am I right?

AcidSlasher
17-09-2007, 11:53 AM
there is a daikin tool that designs a system for u, i cant remember what its called and iv never used it but my boss has, u input the indoor units and kilowatt rating in somehow and it will show u what size pipe to run, what refnets to use and when to drop down pipe sizing, and will also give u a wiring diagram.

Im doing an 8 cassete job atm, the pipe starts off as 3/4 3/8, then after the first unit drops down to 5/8 3/8, and stays as that the whole way, except branching off to the units in 1/2 and 1/4.

Pretty cool if u ask me

superswill
17-09-2007, 01:22 PM
http://mylg.co.uk/LGMUltivselection.html

http://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/bus_selection_software.htm

the above links is the design program from LG and tosh,even if you use these brands still worth a look

ella
19-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Will it be good for Daikin systems as well?

superswill
20-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Will it be good for Daikin systems as well?

daikin will have there own program you are best speaking to who you buy daikin kit though

The General
21-09-2007, 09:36 AM
All VRV/VRF manufacturers offer a full range of indoor units including wall units. The reason people avoid using wall units with these products is threefold. Firstly the air distribution from wall units causes a draft and can be uncomfortable. Secondly, as you rightly say, the pipework would be surface mounted and unsightly. Thirdly and probably the most important is the noise generated by the refrigerant going through the LEV. No manufacturer has been able to overcome this problem satisfactorily, which is why some supply them for remote installation on the small wall units like Fujitsu and Samsung.

Hope that hepls.