PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Water Applied Supression Program

C J
16-03-2001, 07:28 PM
I have designed,developed and installed an water supression system for controling the air-borne gas from the relief valves. This is an automatic / manual system , tested and accepted for my company. The local Fire Marshall approves as well as my patient Attorney. If any one has any information concerning a similar system please forward e-mails / phone #'s.

Later
C J
Flyrr@aol.com

starman
18-03-2001, 11:09 AM
a lot of devices use a clear tube filled with water, whats your device?

Dan
18-03-2001, 05:42 PM
I am not familiar with this water suppression idea. I am curious as to what it is. I am quite familiar with the condom device in such applications however to spot leaking relief valves.:)

One of our customers specs a system that routes the discharge of a relief valve back into the suction side of the system, utilizing temperature and pressure controls to shut the rack off if necessary. It appears to work quite well.

Dan

Frosty
18-03-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by starman

You obviously work for Star Glasgow (or Bellshill) whats your name? This is Pat from Star Derby Email: PStacey859@aol.com

C J
19-03-2001, 04:51 PM
To all that has sent an inquirey to the Water Applied Supression Program. I am not looking for a leaking pop off valve. I am reducing the amount of free floating airborne gas from the valve(s). My system will reduce the amount of air borne gas at the source. My systems are located near Passenger rail road carriers as well as Hi-ways ,schools and industrial centers. Air-borne gas froom these systems could cause a big problem if not contained or reduced.
My system will reduce the amount no matter what time of day or what weather conditions, immediately upon release to aide in recucing the amount of gas . This is more of a safety deveice . Any other questions ?

Later C J

starman
26-03-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Frosty

Originally posted by starman

You obviously work for Star Glasgow (or Bellshill) whats your name? This is Pat from Star Derby Email: PStacey859@aol.com

Hi Frosty,

Sorry to take so long getting back to you, I have been working off shore.
Em, I am afraid I can not back you up here buddy as I have never worked for star frigrigeration (don't want fridgtech after me as well :) ) although I know some guys who have and who do.

I am using the handle Starman as I like Star Trek ;) sorry.