PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work on containers

FLUMP
10-12-2002, 08:26 PM
I seem like the only person who works on these commercial units, i just need a reliable source of information for questions and answers about all marine fridge units carrier, thermoking ect. mostly carrier so if there is anyone out there it would be a good to exchange some info thanks again P.S it was bloody cold today in the U.K

herefishy
10-12-2002, 09:49 PM
As far as ThermoKing, you can just about give that up. It's all a big deep secret, unless your an authorized dealer. I've had requests to service "ThermoKing", and tried to get information but was never warmly received.

Abe
10-12-2002, 11:42 PM
Anyone got experience on Paul Klinge systems?

Dan
12-12-2002, 06:15 AM
Where is reeferjohn now that we need him?:)

Reeferjon
24-12-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys.
Still here, I check in once in a while. Flump, if you would like I will try to find specific info for your units. But the guys are correct, even as a dealer we have real problems trying to get info for none EEC kit.

Dan
28-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Hi, Reeferjon and everybody. This might be off-topic a tad, but I received a message from a A/C&R student in Iran a few weeks ago asking about bus air-conditioning. He thought bus a/c units should use a liquid line solenoid to protect the compressor during low-load or shut-down conditions, but they are not employed on the units he sees; furthermore, he suspects the compressors are being damaged.

Any comments?

Now that I work for Ingersoll Rand, I would hope that I could gain access to some of Thermo-King's technical literature. But Herefishy is correct in saying that it appears to be a closely held secret.:)

Happy New Year to all of you.

Reeferjon
30-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi Dan.
Do you know the unit type?
TK have never used a Liquid line solenoid to control load or for system shutdown control except in Truck/Trailer multitemp aplications where the evaps would flood if LLS were open, so a 'null' situation is initialised.
Instead the compressor is stopped (clutch disengages) and the system pressures are allowed to equalise.

The evap pressure is kept up by a EPR valve (basicaly same as CPL).
If the compressors are the X4## type then they are pretty solid, your man should check for the usual TXV problems and the correct function of the EPR, depending on unit type.

He should also check the Hotgas bypass solenoid for problems (again depending on unit type).
But do really need to knoe type as both recip and scroll are used.

Happy new Year Guys.

fabio-zinpao
29-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the Expansion Valve Thermoking K25-72567-00. It's used in a container made in 1995. This container has MP-3000 controller.
Hope you guys can help me!

wingman
05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
If you ever need manuals, warranty bulletins send me a private message :)

I used to work for thermoking.

cadwaladr
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM
does it have any numbers on the valve ,thermo king do use sporlan/alco in my limited experience with tk containers i have purchased valves in the uk