PDA

View Full Version : KMP T Flow Driers NLA ????

Latte
11-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Evening all,

Anyone know the story of t-driers no longer being available. NRS have no stock in the company and HRP dont even have them in their latest catalogue.

Bit of a pain in the rear end, i used to fit loads of these as we have a lot of searle equipment at out customers and i am getting fed up with having to repipe each one whenever i break into a system to fit a normal drier and sightglass, the old WLD/TLD's used to be able to fit in anywhere with a sightglass on the top

regards

Fatboy

monkey spanners
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
I think Valcon make a similar sightglass/dier combo. I used to fit the kmp ones on serap milk tanks as they came with automotive driers/sightglasses from the factory.

Jon

Lowrider
11-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Filter Driers and Sight Glasses

TDE and WTD T-Flo Sight Glass and Filter Driers

Product Bulletins: TDEWTD.pdf
TDE and WTD T-FLO COMBINATION SIGHT GLASS AND FILTER DRIER

The TDE sight glass allows easy monitoring of the moisture condition of the refrigerant, eliminating the need for guesswork as to when to replace the filter drier. When the drier does need to be replaced, simply remove the refrigerant from the liquid line, unscrew the WTD filter drier cartridge, and screw on a new WTD cartridge. Its as simple as changing a lightbulb!

Did find it in the online catalog: http://www.virginiakmp.us/

or the product bulletin: http://www.virginiakmp.us/uploadBulletins/TDEWTD.pdf

tbirdtbird
12-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Just went thru this exact thing. Talked directly to KMP engineer. Items are discontinued, period. Was told Valley control made filter-drier with exact same threads, but their item is obsolete also. Was also told Henry Valve might have a similar product, but i never checked it out. Maybe you can. I got disgusted and just ripped out the T-flo (what a great idea it was, tho!)

good luck:)

Latte
12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, as tbirdtbird say's what i am doing now is cutting them out, extending the 3/8 and fitting a standard 053/083 and sightglass. At least everyone keeps these on their van if they go back to the site and open the system again.

Regards

Fatboy

djbe
12-09-2007, 09:41 PM
We have sourced the Valcon drier now as a substitute for the KMP.

Kooltech do them, if you want to let me know which kmp driers and sight glasses you use I'll sort you out with the Valcon part numbers.;)

regards,
djbe.

bernard
12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi

Are we talking about the TFD driers that Artic circle used on there condensing units.As I noticed they have changed to brazed driers.TFD lovely and easy to change.

Regards Bernard

Tomizai
04-04-2008, 11:18 PM
If you are looking for Virginia T-Flo driers, email me. I work at a distributor that has surplus stock.

Latte
04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi

Are we talking about the TFD driers that Artic circle used on there condensing units.As I noticed they have changed to brazed driers.TFD lovely and easy to change.

Regards Bernard

Evening Bernard,

Thats the ones, Used to change hundreds of them as all the T & S stores went through a phase of installing artic circle condensing units. Dont see too many of them about now. That was in the days when you changed a drier as part of a maintenance if they were more than a couple of years old.

Regards

Fatboy