PDA

View Full Version : Just moaning

ice cool mark
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
just set my self up in buisness , i contacted many companies and they said they would use my services 3 month later im still waiting for my first job from them .
Thanks a bunch ?
its a good job i carried on contacting the major companies which did pass jobs to me to keep me going , but i do worry that when the weather goes ill be in s--- street .
Can anybody advise me how and where to get my own contracts from , where do i look for them.
Any way ifeel better after that moan thanks for listening.

mark

Rtic
16-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I would say if you’re a new business then you’re to aiming to big. You may be a good engineer in, but people don’t care, you don't have the rep. My dad moved to the England from Scotland after losing everything (his hotel that he owned burned down) and he had to start from the beginning, even though he worked in Saudi, got major qualifications from the USA, Saudi Arabia and the UK.
He had to do Domestics, and slowly got to know shop owners and went onto small shops then Texaco got hold of him and signed him up to do there refrigeration in their garages, now 10 years on, he has some major contracts.

Also you may have to research you market a bit, have you got many competitors, have companys already got contacts.

I’m Afraid that it’s not just as easy as starting a business, ringing up companies and expect to get business, you have to be realistic

taz24
16-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Also you may have to research you market a bit, have you got many competitors, have companys already got contacts.

I’m Afraid that it’s not just as easy as starting a business, ringing up companies and expect to get business, you have to be realistic

There speaks someone with wisdom beyond his years:)

Cheers taz.

Rtic
16-09-2007, 06:23 PM
There speaks someone with wisdom beyond his years

Thanks! :D - I try my best!