PDA

View Full Version : dan foss tx valves

fuzzy
08-09-2007, 12:45 AM
the new dan foss valves 1/4 to 1/2 ton sweat have a very small orifice, :eek:if your system is dirty or wet these valves will shut down or will act slow in recovery. Problem solved is drier change {a wax or acid removal ,if central system with two cartridge drier suggest one water control and one acid control drier}. The best bet is to pull valves out and install sporlan which has a bigger orifice to allow for leeser chance of plugging up.:D P.S. if these valves are cleaned as far as constant cleaning of driers I see no problem in these valves. :cool:

superswill
08-09-2007, 06:00 AM
useful advise fuzzy,thankx for the post
although i must admit its always been sporlan for me

taz24
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM
the new dan foss valves 1/4 to 1/2 ton sweat have a very small orifice, :eek:if your system is dirty or wet these valves will shut down or will act slow in recovery. Problem solved is drier change {a wax or acid removal ,if central system with two cartridge drier suggest one water control and one acid control drier}. The best bet is to pull valves out and install sporlan which has a bigger orifice to allow for leeser chance of plugging up.:D P.S. if these valves are cleaned as far as constant cleaning of driers I see no problem in these valves. :cool:

The way you write your post indicates that the problem is with Danfoss valves because of the design of them.
I would disagree, Danfoss valves in my opinion are as good as any valve and better than a lot of others on the market.
If you have a problem with valves going down with moisture then I agree with you about replacing the drier cores.
Danfoss valves have filters before the orifice like most valves to take solids out of the system.
If you have constant valve failure I would say the system has either been installed wrong or it has been maintained wrong.

taz

the fridge
26-09-2007, 02:00 AM
The way you write your post indicates that the problem is with Danfoss valves because of the design of them.
I would disagree, Danfoss valves in my opinion are as good as any valve and better than a lot of others on the market.
If you have a problem with valves going down with moisture then I agree with you about replacing the drier cores.
Danfoss valves have filters before the orifice like most valves to take solids out of the system.
If you have constant valve failure I would say the system has either been installed wrong or it has been maintained wrong.

taz
I agree have seen many valve failures mainly due to moisture in the system usually down to incorrect evacuation procedures at commissioning and or bad maintenance Practice

raviperumal
26-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Too many valves failing in the same system, which indicates poor vaccum and poor cleanliness of the system.

The smaller orifice or bigger orifice its depends on your capacity requirement.

As per our experience Danfoss valves are very good in reliabilty compare any other in the market......

Take care the system first then comment about the quality of the Comapnies....

Best regards,
ravi perumal

lana
27-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi there,

I agree with Taz24 , raviperumal.

Why most people criticize others for their own faults, I don't get it.:eek:

Whatever valve we use can do the job unless the system has problems. These problems come from wrong installations or commissioning.

Cheers

yorkie
27-09-2007, 11:43 PM
All manufacturer of TEV should work without problems if the system is both installed and commissioned to good refrigeration practice.

Change driers if you ever break into a system to change components, use nitrogen whilst brazing etc.

If the system has at one point been contaminated or installed wrong (Oxidisation in pipework) this can cause repeat problems time after time.

There is no cost comparison to clean systems and quality filter driers, it does save you money.

Even a capillary tube can be blocked with poor system cleanliness. Compressors burn out and they cost more than good practice.

Why would you have a wet system (unless using R718)

750 Valve
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Try some 1/4" pipe, use about 1.5m per evap (doesn't matter how big the evap is) and insert it in between the liquid line and your evaporator where your txv used to be (the nasty one that blocks up), flush evap with some washing detergent/glycol mixture at 50/50 to clean system and lower the freezing point... now you should have trouble free metering under all conditions ;)

Please don't do this, I just couldn't resist.

Danfoss TXVs work very well,
So do sporlan and parker
Moisture and dirt make any TXV fail
Fuzzy you make me laugh