PDA

View Full Version : Star High Flux Chiller

dallan
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
We have a problem with a Star manufactured High Flux Chiller.

The chiller operates on R22 and uses a Danfoss PHTQ expansion valve. The PHTQ is controlled by a Star PCB which has failed and the board is apparently no longer manufactured.

As far as I can tell the board takes a signal from a thermistor in the heat exchanger and the valve opening is controlled by this. I think the logic of the High Flux is that it is almost flooded and the heat exchanger is like an LPR vessel.

Can anyone expand on the operation of the PCB so we can come up with some sort of alternative. At the moment we are not really getting any info from the manufacturer.

HallsEngineer
07-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I think you want a danfoss EKC 315A for TQ valves

dallan
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback

I think the EKC is a superheat reference controller. What I have is a system were the valve opening is controlled based on the liquid level in the heat exchange vessel, the sensor is immersed in the refrigerant ( I think that there were not many of these chillers manufactured) this is the only control input.

I could maybe use this controller and modify elements of the plant to suit. I was mainly curious over the control logic of the Star pcb (I think it is the same pcb that is used for some lpr systems).

snake
10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Star still have some supplies of the MEV board you just have to ask the right branch or person. Speak to the Telstar department in Glasgow or try one of the branches.