PDA

View Full Version : Perks of the job

expat
07-09-2007, 06:36 PM
7 CRS Police (they're the bad boys) got picked up this week for going into the red light district of Paris and, as the papers put it, putting pressure on the girls for favors rendered. You know, haven't got your identity card on you love. Never mind I'm sure there's something you can do for me and that boys that'll hassen our amnesia.

Anyway, the best that one of them could come up with to defend his actions was well it was sort of like getting a discount at a sandwich bar.

I wonder if they also got a group discount?:o

Karl Hofmann
07-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Ha some guys get all the perks..Best I ever got was a car boot full of bananas from an Iranian guy when I worked in Dubai..

Expat what is the difference between the CRS and the Gendarmes? Being an Ex trucker neither were high on my buddy list, and the Duanes I found had no sense of humour at all :D

chillin out
07-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I got a van full of beer from a fisherman once.
Which I shared out amongst the other engineers when I got back to the workshop.

Chillin:):)

Lowrider
07-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I go to a chocolate factory in Holland 6 or 7 times a year and have more chocolate then I can eat!

The Viking
07-09-2007, 10:26 PM
The "best" perk I ever got was when H&M (aka Hennes) was refitting their underwear shop in central Stockholm.

At the same time as we were replacing the pipework in the ceiling, they had a massive sale on.

Needless to say the part of the piperun that went just outside the fitting rooms (which had "saloon" type half doors and walls that stopped well short of the ceiling) took way to long to replace.:D:D

Mmmmm, Swedish ladies......:rolleyes:

What the heck am I doing over here?:(

SLAP!!

Ooops,
The missus read over my shoulder, oh well, at least the sofa is comfortable.

Karl Hofmann
07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Viking, until I read all of your post, you really had me quite worried :eek:

bernard
07-09-2007, 10:48 PM
LOL had much the seam experience except it was a near naked 60 ish women.Still having the nightmares after 4 years.

Hopefully everyone who reads can now have a picture in there heads to haunt them.

Sweet Dreams Bernard

expat
08-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Police Municipale are traffic wardens with guns.

Police Nationale are what we in England would consider normal police.
Their job is crime, domestic disputes, traffic..., etc.

Gendarmes were created by Napolean to recover order when he banned anyone from carrying a gun except them. Hence the name "gens d'armes" - people with guns. They are a branch of the army so tend to be a bit thou shalt do as I say, not as I do.
They seem to deal mostly with roads, the sea and waterways.

CRS (compaignies républicaines de sécurité) are a branch of the Police Nationale. One of the entrance requirements is to get hell beaten out of you by three other CRS in a no holes barred boxing match.
Words are not their prefered form of communication, so don't ask them for directions as you will probably finish up on the missing persons list.
They are riot Police (a gang) and they love it!

Douanes are VAT men with guns, motorbikes and attitude.
They are customs and excise.

The Viking
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Just been and bought a new sofa bed now.

Oh what joy a message can bring, I guess the power of the pen is carried on to a keyboard.

expat
09-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Well then at least you'll be comfortable as a squatter.

I don't understand why they get so upset when you were only looking. I mean you look,... you don't touch and even if you did you stay with them, so it was like trying for size. Shouldn't they take it as a compliment? After all, they invented window shopping didn't they.:)

The MG Pony
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I got a neat collection of vintage parts, and get offered a free coffe every time I go to one shop. :)

The Viking
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Ah Expat,

It wasn't what I looked at (or not) about 15 years ago, it was the implied message that I preferred Swedish ladies...

(I think, she still don't speak to me. These bl##dy English women does my head in, maybe I should just move back home.)

expat
09-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Women remind me of what Douglas Noel Adams once wrote about humanity:

Humans, hate them or ignore them,... you can't love them.