PDA

View Full Version : LG Academy

Abe
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Had the benefit of a full day at the LG Academy in Slough the other day.

The facilities are superb. the LG kit all laid out beautifully , the lectures well delivered by Mike, with lecture materials and hands on inspection of parts.

Graham who is in charge of the whole department was on hand and gave some insight into the sophisticated software based system monitoring programmers.

Overall a good day and certainly added to my impression of LG that they are a determined and serious contender on the UK market.

LG are prepared to take on criticisms and dont pretend to defend or cover up any weaknesses that are aimed towards them. Rather, the feeling I had was they listen and take on board any potential problem areas and address these.

I would certainly recommend members if offered the opportunity to spend a day there and you may be suitably impressed.

Thanks to LG for an informative and ultimately beneficial expenditure of a day out.

monkey spanners
07-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi Abe
I was much more impressed with LG training than i thought i would be, i got the impession that you would be told how it was without any marketing bullsh*t.

chillin out
07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Good feedback guys.

The LG guy on here seems to also be a friendly person. Didn't he give loads of info about LG and offered to help when ha 1st came here?

Chillin:):)

Makanic
14-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Don't know about UK
But here in OZ its just Junk, Im afraid to say
great marketing, with no service..

sinewave
15-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Don't know about UK

I'm yet to be convinced otherwise too! :(

Abe
15-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't know about UK

Statements such as yours are " sweeping" and not worthy of being taken seriously as the definition of " junk" means something which is ready for the refuse dump.

Take into account that this is a global player with an assembly line that churns out millions of units each year.

LG are one of the biggest brands in India and many other countries, South Africa being one where they are rated to be competitive and reliable.

Perhaps in the rankings they are probably not a premium brand such as Daikin, so compare apples with apples.

Im not covering for LG , what I am encouraging is the use of balanced and fair criticism which is justifiable.

vac-man
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
totally agree with you abe..originally from south africa..lg very good reputation.in a country where air-con is a must..they cant really be criticised.. got more info on the course,abe??

Abe
04-10-2007, 08:08 PM
totally agree with you abe..originally from south africa..lg very good reputation.in a country where air-con is a must..they cant really be criticised.. got more info on the course,abe??

Hi Vac Man

I arranged my visit through the administrator at Slough :
This is their telephone number:
Tel: +44(0)1753 876 777

Regards
Abe

hendrag
11-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments about the training here at LG UK

if anyones inerested in coming for training please call the number above or go to www.mylg.co.uk (http://www.mylg.co.uk) and click on training all the info is there and the courses are all free

see you all soon

regards

Hendrag

marc5180
14-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Think il also be giving you a call hendrag.
Cheers

RedEye
24-10-2007, 11:09 AM
The words “junk”, “crap”etc are emotive words, although they show how disappointed people can be with a product. The word the “biggest” can also be misleading. LG produce many units in R22, as well as R410a. As stated by Hendrag, on the “biggest” VRF in the world in this forum, R22 is still king in the rest of the world. So it would be interesting to know which manufacture is the largest when associated with the specific refrigerants. Not just the maximum number of units with all refrigerants. As with all statistics in the world they can prove what you want them to, and be misused.
Should the benchmark be how reliable the equipment is and when it needed to be replaced?

Andy W
02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Blimey Graham I bet you can't believe how easy it's been to (re)convert some here who spent years slagging off LG- a day out in Slough (plus a free T shirt ) and they're simpering over LG as if it's decent kit.. weird eh?Not everyone, I still cant bring myself to try LG again after all the dissapointments that I had.

Richard Hillsid
03-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Statements such as yours are " sweeping" and not worthy of being taken seriously as the definition of " junk" means something which is ready for the refuse dump.

Take into account that this is a global player with an assembly line that churns out millions of units each year.

LG are one of the biggest brands in India and many other countries, South Africa being one where they are rated to be competitive and reliable.

Perhaps in the rankings they are probably not a premium brand such as Daikin, so compare apples with apples.

Im not covering for LG , what I am encouraging is the use of balanced and fair criticism which is justifiable.

Junk! In Finland LG is pure junk.

They dont heat, they break down, and a generally very poor quality, compared to good 2500 Euro installations on splits.
Now in India I reckon you could not sell a simple domestic split for 2500 Euros, LG tries it here a 200 Euro unit over priced at 1700 Euro lol, but just doesn’t live up to it at -20 Centigrade they all worthless, even at -7 Celsius they give less heat and more problems than a cheap all-round Technibel (old model lol), in a summary they just break, 5 in 10 installations require a service cal with a major problem as soldering and re charging or replacing the unit.

Abe
03-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Junk! In Finland LG is pure junk.

They dont heat, they break down, and a generally very poor quality, compared to good 2500 Euro installations on splits.
Now in India I reckon you could not sell a simple domestic split for 2500 Euros, LG tries it here a 200 Euro unit over priced at 1700 Euro lol, but just doesn’t live up to it at -20 Centigrade they all worthless, even at -7 Celsius they give less heat and more problems than a cheap all-round Technibel (old model lol), in a summary they just break, 5 in 10 installations require a service cal with a major problem as soldering and re charging or replacing the unit.

Using an LG to provide heat in a country with an extremity of weather and extreme cold, is like driving a Datsun Nissan 1200, through your snow tracks........

Use a unit thats rated to your situation. Not all countries are similar to Finland.

Get real..........use a 4 x 4

p_p
03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Well said Abe !

PP

Richard Hillsid
03-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Get real..........use a 4 x 4
I agree but LG is selling like hot cakes here through aggressive marketing, the consumer knows no better.

A Tosh or a Mitch true Nordic are the ones that work here The Pan and Daik come in as a reasonable second, mits heavy Nordic has the least service calls, but doesn’t aggressively market.
The consumer byes what is sold to them and doesn’t know the difference between a Mediterranean machine and a arctic machine so up here LG is NO good but in a other climate it might be a ok medioka machine.

They just sell them here like mad, little start up companies import them give a 6 year guaranty and go over in 2 just to start again.

Very irresponsible as the customer pays big money for it and gets nothing in return.

Abe
04-11-2007, 10:33 AM
I agree but LG is selling like hot cakes here through aggressive marketing, the consumer knows no better.

Very irresponsible as the customer pays big money for it and gets nothing in return.

I agree that LG " marketing hype" is too aggressive and can often be misleading..........

They need to have a good hard look at their marketing gurus who think that all you need is a marquee, some music, balooons, pop and bash and the punters will come a running for a dance and a piece of the action.

In so doing they are tarnishing their name and brand, as people with bad experiences are bound to feel uneasy and voice disquiet at a some stage.

LG would be better placed to be staid, conservative, tone down their act a bit . There is a lot of competition out there. All are mindful of the publicity they get.

I would assess very carefully if my product was suitable for a particular environment. If it wasnt I would not dare risk my name and reputation by launching where there could be a hint of bad press.

We are in a global situation now, there is no hiding anywhere on good mother earth.

Thats my Sunday morning sermon dealt with.........
Smiles

Andy W
05-11-2007, 08:28 AM
LG should of made an effort to build bridges with the companies that they let down so badly instead of totally ignoring them, some things are so hard to forget especially when it cost some of us a great deal of time and money.

dibbo
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
hi Hendrag, the LG training is it fault finding on new and old LG Products, this type of course would be of some help

Regards

Dibbo (dave)