PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Screw Compressors

dkemper
06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
All,

I'm looking to replace a Frascold RTSL1-70-240Y compressor used in a low temp R404a application.

Here in the US, Frascold is not particulary common and I'd like to consider a replacement that is more commonly available and supportable.

Additionally, my company has seen a fairly short life span on the Frascold's, likely due to poor controls and safeties. What ever my replacement compressor solution is, I also need to replace the control and safety system.

Are there any units or suppliers that either have a particularly good, or poor reputation?

Many thanks!

Win Kemper

bruceboldy
07-09-2007, 12:16 AM
If you need a semi hermetic there are several us brands available. You can probably get good oem numbers from Hartford on the verticals and i feel sure there are at least 3 or 4 others that would be pleased to get an oem account.

JFK
13-10-2007, 07:22 PM
You can choose Bitzer semi hermetic screw compressor which is very realiable. The replacement model should be model HSN 7461-70 ( please contact Bitzer US to double confirm this ), but i suggest you also change the oil and also change oil separator ( original Bitzer made for screw application ), please ensure your oil cooler still working well to able to always keep oil temperature about 70oC.