PDA

View Full Version : Really OLD ones?

DeanD
05-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Anybody got pics from when the pharoah's had stones moved from the cold desert night into their chambers or rooms by morning. Not sure if they were the first methods of air conditioning or if they had the evaporative methods first... shallow / wide channels of water ran through or over their chambers. But I think the giant stones were the first method.

Pics if you gott'em... :D or any pics of drawings would be nice. ;)

Brian_UK
06-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Bear in mind that the middle eastern, and others, still build their houses with an open flue type construction in the centre.

This causes a permanent airflow through the house to aid the cooling effect.

chillin out
06-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Anybody got pics from when the pharoah's had stones moved from the cold desert night into their chambers or rooms by morning.
I would have thought Brian os USIceman would have had a few pics from their childhood of these things.

LOL.

Chillin:):)

Brian_UK
06-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I would have thought Brian os USIceman would have had a few pics from their childhood of these things.

LOL.

Chillin:):)Watch it you young pup or I'll throw my Zimmer frame at you :D

US Iceman
07-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Do not confuse distance with safety.:D

Having said that I will continue to closely monitor chillin's future posts for appropriate demeanor and respect.:p

Pictures my as$! Although, can I interest anyone in original dinosaur footprints in mud.

chillin out
07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Pictures my as$! Although, can I interest anyone in original dinosaur footprints in mud.
Why? have you been out doing the garden again?

Chillin:):)

taz24
07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Anybody got pics from when the pharoah's had stones moved from the cold desert night into their chambers or rooms by morning. Not sure if they were the first methods of air conditioning or if they had the evaporative methods first... shallow / wide channels of water ran through or over their chambers. But I think the giant stones were the first method.

Pics if you gott'em... :D or any pics of drawings would be nice. ;)

The ancient Greeks used stone tiles on the floor.
In the day the tiles were cool to start and slowly warmed up during the day.
In the evening and early night the tiles give off the heat and cool down ready for the
next day.
Totaly automatic and no stats involved:D.

taz

expat
08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I heard that the Egyptians used to store food in open caves that had a strong air flow through them. They would lay the fish on palm leaves and cover them with the same and then spray water on them. The evaporation had the effect of cooling the the fish.

Anyone else hear of such a thing?

Brian_UK
10-09-2007, 12:12 AM
I heard that the Egyptians used to store food in open caves that had a strong air flow through them. They would lay the fish on palm leaves and cover them with the same and then spray water on them. The evaporation had the effect of cooling the the fish.

Anyone else hear of such a thing?They'll do anything to avoid paying hard cash for a fridge:D

monkey spanners
13-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Found this little beauty still running, despite having lost all its gas. Had forgoten all about those little green fan motors.

Jon

Mazdamike
15-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Monkey Spanners, looks like a Frigidaire ADP 444 with GEC 1304 motors. God am I that old. Need to lie down now and tak a nap !! :)

kvrmurthy
24-07-2009, 08:17 AM
please let me know in evaportive condenser s.s pipes or galvanize pipes which one is beter.

amjit
21-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Galvanized tube if hot dipped after fabrication of the coil is completed. SS is best if imported tubes are used.