PDA

View Full Version : refrigerant oil

aoehero
05-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I have a dumb question.
I have a new install on a grandaire 5T unit. I do not see anything that refers to the addition of refregerant oil. this is a R22 unit. Does anyone have any help for me here?

ckone180
05-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I have a dumb question.
I have a new install on a grandaire 5T unit. I do not see anything that refers to the addition of refregerant oil. this is a R22 unit. Does anyone have any help for me here?
Why would there be an addition? The unit comes with the proper amount already in the unit. If your lineset is incredibly long, then you may need to add, but ordinarily you do not. That info is located usually on the compressor data plate.

aoehero
05-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Thats why I am asking of knowledgable people. I did not see anything in any literature about oil. Come to think about it I didnt even see a data plate. There is a wire diagrambut no visiable exterior data plate.

ckone180
05-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Thats why I am asking of knowledgable people. I did not see anything in any literature about oil. Come to think about it I didnt even see a data plate. There is a wire diagrambut no visiable exterior data plate.
Correct, it would be on the actual compressor, where you would have to dismantle the unit to get a good look, unless you can remove the top and use a mirror to read the info.

BigJon3475
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Correct, it would be on the actual compressor, where you would have to dismantle the unit to get a good look, unless you can remove the top and use a mirror to read the info.

Small world :D