PDA

View Full Version : refrigeration book

GRxristos
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM
hi guys.i would like you to suggest me a book for begginers about refrigeration.

Thanks

ckone180
05-09-2007, 08:23 PM
hi guys.i would like you to suggest me a book for begginers about refrigeration.

Thanks
Modern Refrigeration, check Amazon.com

watwat
08-09-2007, 10:57 AM
We sell Course CD at (airconsquad.co.uk)

Great for beginners and engineers.

taz24
08-09-2007, 12:49 PM
We sell Course CD at

Great for beginners and engineers.

Because of the way you write your name at the side of your avatar, watwat! all I see is
twat :eek:.

taz

rrvilla920
09-09-2007, 10:05 AM
The latest update of refrigeration equipment. I think its by Andrew Bryant.

marc5180
09-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Roy Dossats book, Principles of Refrigeration is a great book

sapper
12-09-2007, 07:03 AM
pos ee see!!! refrigeration and airconditioning technology, motivate, by norman cook is a great book for starters. keeps things simple. also Principles of refrigeration by roy dosset...... its a bible. both on amazon.......... word of caution: books publishes pre 2000 may be no good to you as the info is out dated some what. also many books are imperial and therefore not so good to us metric europeens!!!!!!

GRxristos
12-09-2007, 09:48 AM
thanks a lot guys

anand
12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
You can try Refrigeration Hand Book Puplished by ISHRAE PUNE Chapter.

nh3wizard
12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Nice avatar!!!!!!!

sawtell
13-09-2007, 01:05 AM
In Australian trade colleges we use Australian Refrigeration and Airconditioning ( ARAC) text books vol 1 and vol 2. They are written in Australia and are the standard text for all colleges. These books cover everything from the basics to design, heatloads controls etc. We also use Dossat and Althouse and Turnqhist but most of information is from ARAC. If you need more info let me know.

biengates
28-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Hello.
Could you share that documents with me?
my email: (PM me)
thanks

thermokool
06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
is a good book
Arco Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Toolbox Manual
is a lot less and also is good

Refrigeration Equipment: A Servicing and Installation Handbook

is also good

simon

Josip
08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi, biengates :)

Welcome to RE forums...

Hello.
Could you share that documents with me?
my email: xxxxxx at gmail.com
thanks

Please, edit your post and remove your email address to avoid spam, viruses and so...to exchange email addresses we use PM (personal message)

Maybe you can search forums for links to refrigeration literature you need or want....you should find more than you need;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Samarjit Sen
08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
There are lots of Books in the forum. All that you have to do is just spend some time and browse through the forum specially the Books section, where you will a lot of E books and they are very good.

John Hunter
12-10-2007, 05:43 AM
For understanding the fundamentals of refrigeration and the concepts of air conditioning the Bible used to be Guy R King's Basic Refrigeration and the companion Basic Air Conditioning. Its not available at Amazon so possibly its out of print. The beauty about this work was the way King explained the Principals. It covered the range from domestic through to large multy stage industrial. The book came with charts regarding pipeline sizing through to the therodynamic property charts for all the main refrigerants in use at the time of the editions publication. For some one entering the industry it was as much part of your "Tools" as "Gauges".

thermo prince
22-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Some years back, in the days of R12/502, ICI UK published a very useful handbook of refrigeration principles, definitions and practical guidelines with some typical examples. It was distributed free to refrigerant customers and those in HVACR trades, incl students back then. Useful for laymen and engineers alike and a good small reference book to carry with you.

Blue softcover, about 100 ^120 pages and Imperial units.
Do other readers remember it? Not sure if it has been reprinted and updated for HFC's etc but worthwhile to ask around. Anybody have contacts at ICI ?

John Hunter
22-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I have a book in my possession titled Automatic Refrigeration, written by S.A. Andersen, Published by MACLAREN & SON LTD. on behalf of DANFOSS. The date of publication was 1959. It outlined the principles of automation as it applied to Refrigeration at the time. With the passage of time the subject matter relating to the Automation has long been surpassed but the text regarding the Principles of the science of refrigeration and its application in the many fields it is used is still valid today. Does any on know if this book was updated and or is a current edition still available.

EngrinQatar
09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Refrigration and Air Conditioning Technology by William C Whiteman and WIlliam M Johnson is a good book for beginners and as well as for technicians in this field

makxim
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Hope that i can find some book here:D