PDA

View Full Version : Thermocouple wire type T?

Coolmac
04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi!
I am urgently looking for thermocouple wire type T! Is there anyone that could help me? I need at least 2500m minimum and it should be the same wire they use to make thermo couplers.
Please let me know if there is ANYONE who could help?
Thx
Bernadine:confused:

Brian_UK
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi Bernadine, have you tried these people?

http://www.electrahertz.co.za/

Do a search on their site for "thermocouple wire"

Coolmac
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks Brian!
I'll try them and if there is no joy I'll let you guys know... then we must try again!

expat
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Radiospares has pages of cables type K, T and all you want, but I ask myself why you need two and a half kilometres:confused:

I'm sure I am missing something, because once you have taken a temperature reading at source you can transmit the data in any number of forms. So why choose a type t cable and not some other form of communication?

norcool
04-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Coolmac,2500 meter!Type T gives you only 40microvolts/C and icepoint at 0 C and 20 degrees
masurement gives you 40*20=800microvolt so you have to
buy a very ekspensive instrument to get exact temp.
The T-wire consist of copper/constantan cost about 1Euro/meter for 0.2mm wire.You need only a small T-wire
may be 1-2 meters,connect a compensation cable from there up to your desired length.The compensation cable its often made of clean copper.
The welding point between copper constantan and welding point to the compensation cable should be held on same temperatur level.I use often this solution in my daily work.But I use a Agilent logger for this keeping me away from terrible math equations to get good readings.
Anyway,may be you are an expert(I am not)you could
buy you many wireless temp.transmitters for the price of the T-Wire.Or you can use one of this Thermocouple 2 RS485.Anyway Coolmac!Have a nice day.see you!