PDA

View Full Version : AEG frost free fridge

tzs
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I have an AEG Santo 72358KA frost free fridge, installed just under 2 years ago. I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a build up of frost inside the fridge. I called AEG for advice and they suggested I check that the drain hole was not blocked. This I did and it was clear. I changed the carbon filter, defrosted the fridge and the frost has come back. The temperature is showing a steady 5 degrees. Has anyone any idea what might be causing this and how it can be fixed without the £65 callout charge?

ckone180
05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I have an AEG Santo 72358KA frost free fridge, installed just under 2 years ago. I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a build up of frost inside the fridge. I called AEG for advice and they suggested I check that the drain hole was not blocked. This I did and it was clear. I changed the carbon filter, defrosted the fridge and the frost has come back. The temperature is showing a steady 5 degrees. Has anyone any idea what might be causing this and how it can be fixed without the £65 callout charge?
Unfortunately the warranty is not in effect? If this is the case, I would suggest the callout charge. If you knew what a defrost timer and hi-limit were then you could probably repair it yourself. One of those is most likely your culprit.

leo
18-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey tzs,

Have you managed to fix this perma-frost problem? I'm very interested to hear your story. Thanks

barkerma
03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi guys,

did either of you ever fix this problem? I have the exact same problem with my Santo 3688 fridge and the engineer is at a loss as to what is causing the frost build up.

thanks

Mike

sedgy
03-01-2010, 07:15 PM
perhaps its the de-frost heater thats
fknakered,