PDA

View Full Version : AEG frost free fridge

tzs
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I have an AEG Santo 72358KA frost free fridge, installed just under 2 years ago. I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a build up of frost inside the fridge. I called AEG for advice and they suggested I check that the drain hole was not blocked. This I did and it was clear. I changed the carbon filter, defrosted the fridge and the frost has come back. The temperature is showing a steady 5 degrees. Has anyone any idea what might be causing this and how it can be fixed without the 65 callout charge?

ckone180
05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I have an AEG Santo 72358KA frost free fridge, installed just under 2 years ago. I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a build up of frost inside the fridge. I called AEG for advice and they suggested I check that the drain hole was not blocked. This I did and it was clear. I changed the carbon filter, defrosted the fridge and the frost has come back. The temperature is showing a steady 5 degrees. Has anyone any idea what might be causing this and how it can be fixed without the 65 callout charge?
Unfortunately the warranty is not in effect? If this is the case, I would suggest the callout charge. If you knew what a defrost timer and hi-limit were then you could probably repair it yourself. One of those is most likely your culprit.

leo
18-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey tzs,

Have you managed to fix this perma-frost problem? I'm very interested to hear your story. Thanks

barkerma
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi guys,

did either of you ever fix this problem? I have the exact same problem with my Santo 3688 fridge and the engineer is at a loss as to what is causing the frost build up.

thanks

Mike

sedgy
03-01-2010, 06:15 PM
perhaps its the de-frost heater thats
fknakered,