PDA

View Full Version : copper pipe

richelli
03-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Just recently I was buying some items on the internet from america due to the good dollar to the pound weve been getting recently it was cheaper to buy from america than here. My thought was has anyone tried bringing copper in from america or is it more hastle than its worth. When I ordered my items from there they arrived in four days! which is faster than some parts ordered from england. Just a thought that past my mind. Anyone enlighten me further.:)

DVaider
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
When I ordered my items from there they arrived in four days! which is faster than some parts ordered from england.
:)

Maybe theese parts also being delivered from America;)

Argus
03-09-2007, 12:58 PM

You didn't mention if the savings were net of import duty.......

Saymon
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM

You didn't mention if the savings were net of import duty.......

What do you mean? :rolleyes:

richelli
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
yes even with the import duty there was some saving. Havnt got the recipets at hand t work out what it was. Just wondered if anyone had tried it before. :D

BigJon3475
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
What's the price of copper over there? Over here there is a new wave of crime were people are stealing the coils from condenser's/heatpumps and selling the scrap the cost risen quiet a bit here.

BigJon3475
03-09-2007, 06:18 PM
What's the price of copper over there? Over here there is a new wave of crime were people are stealing the coils from condenser's/heatpumps and selling the scrap the cost risen quiet a bit here.

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=commodities&cc=US&refredir=1&nopu=keyd0IPh0qN%2Br8NpYcZNVdiRg8C2vEfnHDfaVgQApEd01OFIg4azVbTi6nXwNKcE

richelli
03-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Am not sure on the price per roll. A will ask the boss man tomorrow what hes payin. Whats the price for rolls in America in dollars? Maybe if your price has shot up more than ours its wouldnt be worth while anyway. Was just a thought. A have these crazy brain storms usually keep them to myself and forget about them though. just with 2 dollars to the pound thought there might be some saving if shipped over here

BigJon3475
03-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Am not sure on the price per roll. A will ask the boss man tomorrow what hes payin. Whats the price for rolls in America in dollars? Maybe if your price has shot up more than ours its wouldnt be worth while anyway. Was just a thought. A have these crazy brain storms usually keep them to myself and forget about them though. just with 2 dollars to the pound thought there might be some saving if shipped over here

there could be. I will check on it for you for some reason I'm thinking 48.5 cents a lb. I will also check on that. I might be getting confused.

1/2" x 50' Soft Copper Refrigeration Tubing - Seamless Dehydrated HVAC Tubing, Annealed And End Sealed is right @ $100 dollars.

3/4" x 50' Refrigeration Tubing, Seamless Dehydrated HVAC Tubing, Annealed and End Sealed
$166.00

or were you just referring to any copper? That's the prices from my supplier I might could find it cheaper but that should give a basic idea.

richelli
04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
well its looks like it wouldn be worth while after all.

1/2" pipe on a 15meter roll is £22,93
3/4" pipe on a 15meter roll is £41.15

Those prices are just out of a hrp catalogue for rolled refrigeration pipe, sealed, so could probably get it cheaper too. The price of copper over there is high then! Was interesting to know though. Thanks for all the replies

BigJon3475
05-09-2007, 03:07 AM
No problem. If you are truly set on finding it cheaper you might be able to but right now in the US copper is supplying many a crack habit at the present prices.