PDA

View Full Version : Glad you guys (& gals) missed me....

The Viking
01-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Been on a 2 weeks holiday, miles from A/Cs and computers (well that's not actually true, the bloody A/C in the car broke down when we needed it the most.. where are an A/C engineer when you need one:confused:).

When I returned I got this message:
"Hello The Viking it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

Now that is sweet, you actually missed me:)

So, what should we chat about???

Lowrider
01-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Let's start with how your holiday was, beside the ac breaking down.

stuartwking
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I was away for 2 weeks and i didnt get any messages like thats,not even from my family!, gutted,will have to start posting more often.,,

Abe
01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I took a week off and was in sunny Devon. Went to see the Eden project near St Austell.

It was awesome. I did not look hard enough to see if they refrigerate the Biodomes but they certainly add heat and moisture to recreate a humid tropical atmosphere.

In Torquay had a bonus, the Red Arrows put on a display on the harbourfront.

The day I left to come back home, the clouds moved in.

The Viking
01-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh dear,
Asking me what we did for the hols...now there's a long story.
The short version is that we went to France, Euro Disney (daughter's birthday treat), caving, swam in the med (40 degrees C in the air, no A/C in the tent, A/C in the car f###ed and the repair shop wanted 130 euros to top it up, no local A/C guy in sight. I lasted a whole day and then decided that we had to go north the following morning), canoeing 31 Km down a gorge and so on.
All in all a very enjoyable event!

But don't worry, as soon as I edited my way through the 2684 pictures and 130 videos we took I will post a link so you all can get the full story!

Here is a taster, trying to illustrate the midnight mood around Carnon.

Brian_UK
01-09-2007, 11:28 PM
In Torquay had a bonus, the Red Arrows put on a display on the harbourfront.

The day I left to come back home, the clouds moved in.
They didn't do that for me last week; I suppose working instead of sitting in the sun drinking coffee must put them off a bit. :D

So, it was you that screwed it up for us was it?:)

Abe
01-09-2007, 11:39 PM
[COLOR=red]So, it was you that screwed it up for us was it?:)

Clouds maybe, but you guys still lucky to live in such a beautiful part of England.

I saw flowers and plants growing there which wouldnt survive in our clay soils here.

Pity we Northerners come and clog up your roads!!
:)

Brian_UK
01-09-2007, 11:42 PM
"Clog up the roads", good heavens Abe, they go mad over a rush hour that lasts ten minutes around here.

Travel to work of more than 6 miles and they wonder why you do it.

I'm still mighty glad that we moved down here though :):)