PDA

View Full Version : Frick O-ring

404cab
30-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello,

I have heard that Frick has different O-ring type, depending of the type of refrigerant and oil.
O-ring for HCFC and mineral oil are different that O-rings for HFC and esther oil.

is it true ?
Where can I find spec for the HFC O-rings ?

NH3LVR
30-08-2007, 05:38 PM
O rings are different for different applications. Buna N and Neoprene are different options, but there are others as well.
Durometer is another variable.
I have found the best source is Frick itself.
They may or may not divulge the composition of the ones they sell.

404cab
31-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks NH3LVR...

The problem is that when you order a gasket kit, there is only one reference....so how is it possible to get a different type of gasket ???

I saw that on our Frick XJF 120 working with R507, the shaft seal is leaking much more early than same shaft seal mounted on XJF 120 working with R22...

Industrial tech
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
When you order are you using the sales order number? Frick shaft seals can be very problematic, but they warranty almost all of them as long as the rma is filled out properly.

NH3LVR
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
The problem is that when you order a gasket kit, there is only one reference....so how is it possible to get a different type of gasket ???

I believe that they supply different parts for the different sales order numbers, looking up the parts for each individual compressor.

Industrial tech
05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
That they do NH3LVR only problem in this case is they switched refrigerants so the info related to the sales order number will still be for the old refrigerant.

NH3LVR
06-09-2007, 02:18 AM
That they do NH3LVR only problem in this case is they switched refrigerants so the info related to the sales order number will still be for the old refrigerant.

I failed to discern that from 404cab's post.
Appreciate you catching it.:)